158 Lee Avenue
M4E 2P3 Canada
our Mailing List.
Published: March 15, 2001.
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne
EPFL-SIC / MA 0419
In the beginning, a university education in physics, a doctorate ( Scientific and Medical University of Grenoble), followed by a number of transformations, discoveries and transitions, such as :
- experiments at the European Laboratory for Particle Physics CERN (it was the era of charmed particles, the end of bubble chambers and punch cards, the introduction of the first big wire chamber detectors, articles in NIM and postgraduate Summer Schools)
- industrial research and development at Renault ( it was the era of the modeling of combustion phenomena, numbers which sometimes converged and VAX machines)
- Thomson-CSF internal data processing ( it was the era of the enormous IBM 3090 machines )
- the discovery of design systems (PAFEC) and relational databases (ORACLE)
- the EPFL (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology-Lausanne) since '89 ( it's the era of workstations, Silicon Graphics and the Web ....)
In 1997 she join the new Institute for Computer Communications and Applications EPFL/ICA as a Senior Researcher where I'm developing:
- Dynamic Generation of Museum Web Pages, World Art Treasures
- Collaborative learning tools Medium, Oxymoron, Observatory for the Study of the University of the Future.
Francis will demonstrate The Jacques-Edouard Berger Foundation: From a personal collection to a collaborative community of exchanges