Reference number: 15-OC-003
Posting Date: January 28, 2015
Closing Date: February 27, 2015
Department: Marketing and New Media
Employment Tenure: Indeterminate
Status: Full Time 37.5 hours
Classification: Band 7
Salary: $61,566-$72,401 per annum
Language Requirements: Bilingual– English CBB/French CBB (reading, writing, oral)
As part of Marketing and New Media and under the supervision of the Chief, Marketing and New Media, the Webmaster will be responsible for providing functional guidance, expertise and leadership for the design, planning and production of corporate web and new media projects for the Gallery. The Webmaster is primarily responsible for the Gallery’s corporate website, as well as its integration with mini-sites and new media networks. The incumbent ensures the website is up-to-date through regular maintenance, updates and responding to changing requirements, technology, best practices and feedback from visitors(internal and external)
The incumbent will also contribute to the overall Marketing and New Media department by establishing new media initiatives that match technology with the goals of the department and larger organizational goals. It works closely with all other Gallery department to ensure increasing growth, development and engagement of the Gallery’s diverse audiences with its primary online platform and electronic communication tools.
- Post-secondary education in a field relevant to the duties of the position such as computer science or an equivalent combination of education and significant amount of relevant experience;
- 4-5 years’ experience working of REST architecture and the standard technologies used on the web;
- 4-5 years’ experience with advances web methodologies such as responsive design, mobile;
- 4-5 years’ experience with backend technology (CMS, databases, NET, PHP, open source, APIs);
- 4-5 years’ experience of Social Media integration via widgets and API programming;
- 2-3 years’ experience working with email deployment tools i.e. MailChimp;
- 4-5 years’ experience working knowledge of new media-related components such as video, audio, image manipulation, animation, broadcasting, metadata, SEO;
- Ability to interpret analytical data and create comprehensive analytic reports.
- Excellent ability to evaluate client needs, make recommendations and ensure their needs are met as well as well-organized and with good analytical skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, initiative, judgement, integrity, is reliable and a team player with a positive attitude
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT:
Reliability check – this factor is not used at the pre-selection stage.
- A variety of assessment tools may be used to assess candidates.
- The Gallery is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environment. Alternative selection tool methods and/or reasonable accommodation are available upon request.
- Candidates are entitled to participate in the selection process in the official language of their choice.Please submit your application to: