The Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum is seeking a Web Infrastructure Systems Administrator. This role is responsible for maintaining the virtual and physical infrastructure supporting our public web sites and intranet. The position also encompasses administration of the organization’s Digital Asset Management system. The role reports directly to the Chief Information Officer.
Founded in 1937, the Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation is dedicated to promoting the understanding and appreciation of art, primarily of the modern and contemporary periods, through exhibitions, education programs, research initiatives, and publications. The Guggenheim network that began in the 1970s when the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, New York, was joined by the Peggy Guggenheim Collection, Venice, has since expanded to include the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao (opened 1997) and the Guggenheim Abu Dhabi (currently in development). Looking to the future, the Guggenheim Foundation continues to forge international collaborations that take contemporary art, architecture, and design beyond the walls of the museum. More information about the foundation can be found at guggenheim.org.
- Ongoing and project-based, infrastructure support for our web hosting environments (LAMP stack, Github, Ruby, Capistrano) and intranet, including managing code deployments, software configuration, vendor relationship management, performance monitoring, troubleshooting, patch management, end-user coordination and other day-to-day support.
- Manage domain name registrations and renewals.
- Serve as a key contributor to the organization’s online deployment strategy.
- Ongoing administration of the Media Beacon Digital Asset Management system, as well as road map planning and implementation of new releases.
- Operational support of our Linux/Unix server environment.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and provide recommendations pertaining to the continual evolution of our strategic architecture.
- Maintain current documentation for all supported systems.
- Other activities, as assigned by the Chief Information Officer.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum three years’ experience in supporting a web-hosting environment, with applicable technologies/platforms (LAMP stack, Git or other VCS, Ruby, WordPress or other open source CMS).
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management methodologies, testing approaches, and deployment of software patches and releases.
- Bash scripting knowledge; experience with Redis, Varnish.
- Experience in managing the Atlassian product suite, particularly JIRA.
- Working knowledge of the Azure and AWS cloud platforms.
- Understanding of best practices, with respect to security and compliance.
- Experience authoring and updating technical documentation.
- Knowledge of new and emerging technologies.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Flexibility, including the ability to manage multiple priorities concurrently.
- Administration experience with a major Digital Asset Management system is strongly desired.
The Guggenheim offers a competitive salary and excellent medical, dental, life, disability, and retirement plan coverage. Our staff also enjoys generous vacation, sick leave and personal days, access to a variety of cultural institutions, discounts to museum stores, and a stimulating and collegial work environment.
Qualified applicants please send your resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, to email@example.com. Indicate the job title “Web Infrastructure Systems Administrator” in the subject line. Only those applicants who meet our requirements for this position will be contacted.
The Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.