The Web Developer (WEBDEV) is the Cleveland Museum of Art’s specialist in applying web-based technology to disseminate information about museum collections, exhibitions, educational and entertainment programming, and opportunities to support the museum. The WEBDEV leads efforts to identify and implement web-based functionality to support the Museum’s communications and technology objectives, with appropriate business unit stakeholders. </endstuffyHRspeak><technote>We’re looking for a LAMP rock star to join our award-winning IT Applications Team–to amp up, integrate, help us evangelize @ClevelandArt and its amazing collection. You could practice your art in the CLE!</technote>
- Administers the Museum’s LAMP-based public websites, staff intranet, and their parallel development/test environments.
- Support other LAMP-based applications.
- Manages the CMA website code repository, and coordinates the work of external web developers for special projects.
- Coordinates with CIO and other IT staff and/or contractors to maintain necessary server hardware and operating systems for the web server and associated application servers, to maximize website availability for public use.
- Plans and manages the roll out of new functionalities.
- Monitors the public web server and website performance.
- Three to four years’ direct web development and website management experience, preferably with a non-profit organization.
- BA in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent industry experience.
- Proven ability to develop database applications for use on the web and mobile devices.
- Experience with commercial and open-source Content Management Systems, Drupal preferred.
- Strong knowledge of MySQL administration, Apache configuration, and use of Lucene/Solr.
- Proven experience with defining and consuming RESTful APIs and json returns.
- Familiarity with SEO and web analytics.
- Strong graphic design and graphics production skills, desirable.
- Proven experience working on multiple project concurrently, alone and in teams<technote>Did we mention award-winning? We’re a city of champions!</technote>.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
Complete application and send resume to Careers@clevelandart.org