GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITES & DUTIES:
We are looking for a talented, thoughtful and creative UI/UX Designer to join the Digital department, and drive the next phase of transformation of the Museum’s digital product portfolio. This is a highly rewarding role, and is part of a dynamic, forward-thinking and ambitious Product + UX team responsible for connecting the Museum’s incredible art collection with audiences from around the world, both online and on-site.
The UI/UX Designer will play a key role on a small team of designers to execute UI and UX design across our digital portfolio including metmuseum.org, The Collection online, mobile apps, Audio Guide and sales kiosks. You will partner and collaborate with product managers, engineers, visual designers, content producers, writers, specialists, strategists, and stakeholders. You will be integral to that work by gathering and providing requirements, sketching solutions, building prototypes, and final designs, while participating in all stages of our design process from conception through release.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILIES & DUTIES:
- User interface and user experience design on a range of public-facing digital products.
- Present design concepts and negotiate with stakeholders
- Produce designs that support the Museum’s mission and delivers a compelling user experience
- Create high quality designs with a focus on cross browser and cross platform compatibility
- Develop conceptual models,, workflows, design prototypes, and user interface specifications
- Ensure User Interface guidelines and standards are followed during the development and maintenance of the product
- Work efficiently with a cross functional team of analysts, data scientists, project managers, and software solutions integrators
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in UI, UX or a related field.
- A minimum of two years of experience designing product features while working in a team
- Responsive web experience with either editorial content or ecommerce sites
- Strong portfolio with user experience design case studies, and smart interactive projects
- Experience with user centered design principles and practices, web standards, typography and color, and web usability standards
- Expert knowledge of core design principles with portfolio reflecting a strong, clean design sense.
- Ability to deliver detailed wireframes, flowcharts, visual designs, prototypes, and style guides
- Understanding of user research, and ability to gather requirements for new and existing products
- Ability to participate in and lead iterative planning sessions, communicate your plans and question your own and others’ assumptions
- Ability to understanding the underlying technology of a product, and to work closely with engineers to achieve goals
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficiency in one or all of the following: Sketch, InVision, Balsamiq, Omnigraffle
- Creativity, flexibility, sense of humor
Preferred Skills And Experience
- Experience with collaborative design process for multidisciplinary teams.
- Experience conducting usability research and acceptance testing.
- Experience with museums, cultural institutions, arts non-profits
- Experience with user testing and A/B testing
- Strong work/life balance
- 10+ paid holiday days annually
- 27 days paid annual leave
- 401K with option for employer matching plan
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Early access to exhibitions, galleries, and curatorial talks
- A fantastic work environment!
How to Apply:
- Send portfolio link, CV and cover letter to Careers@metmuseum.org with job title in the subject line
- CV that highlights core skills, accomplishments, background, and education
Cover letter that describes what sets you apart from other candidates, availability to start, and salary