The Metropolitan Museum of Art, one of the world’s finest museums, seeks an intelligent, talented, innovative, and Tessitura experienced resource to support reengineering of our diverse customer centric systems onto an integrated Tessitura and Artifax solution in the Information Systems & Technology Department (IS&T). This employee, as part of a dynamic department, will contribute deep subject matter expertise to the Museum’s initiative to consolidate constituent systems onto the Tessitura Artifax platform and subsequently continue to support the platform on an ongoing basis. The individual will be focused on the functional requirements and systems configuration of a multi-phase enterprise initiative. The scope of this initiative currently includes applications utilized by Group Admissions, General Admissions, Events, Concerts and Lecture, Education and Membership and Development. The employee must have the knowledge and communication skills to be able to work effectively with multiple levels and degrees of technical and business expertise throughout the organization and have deep knowledge of and experience in Tessitura. Knowledge of Artifax as a complement to Tessitura is also helpful.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Bring deep working experience, including Tessitura functional and business analysis, and implementation experience from other institutions that successfully leverage Tessitura software in their business to the Museum’s Constituent Consolidation Project.
- Work in collaboration with IS&T staff and outside consultants to initiate Tessitura/Artifax projects, contribute to the creation of comprehensive project plans, and configure Tessitura to meet business requirements.
- Research, recommend, establish, and maintain best practices in the implementation and ongoing maintenance and support of the Tessitura/Artifax platform. Evaluate and define appropriate “ownership” responsibilities for the projects.
- Evaluate and define scope of proposed and ongoing Constituent Systems Consolidation projects.
- Perform business analyst tasks for the Constituent Consolidation Project including functional requirements definition, Tessitura/Artifax configuration, report design and development, and functional requirements definition for all integrations.
- Set project objectives, priorities, and tasks.
- Assess and evaluate benefits and risks of proposed projects within the Constituent Consolidation initiative; track benefits and risks throughout a project lifecycle.
- In collaboration with the Manager of Enterprise Applications, monitor project progress and manage project scope; re-evaluate project status on a regular basis; provide project update reports in written and verbal form.
- In collaboration with the Manager of Enterprise Applications, develop, maintain, and analyze project budgets; work diligently to deliver projects on time and on budget.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Five or more years of experience in the Tessitura platform including functional analysis, business analysis, and end user business configuration experience.
- Tessitura experience in both implementation projects and ongoing management of the platform
- Some end user experience with Artifax is highly desired.
- Focused experience in the Tessitura/Artifax platform related to the following disciplines: Membership and Development; Event Management, especially Concerts and Lectures; General and Group Admissions ticketing; and general Venue Management.
- Extensive knowledge of business and functional analysis methodologies, as well as project management disciplines and methods.
- Extensive business requirements definition, functional requirements definition, technical specifications development, and systems and user acceptance testing.
- Up-to-date knowledge of information systems and technologies, particularly in a Windows environment and the latest versions of Tessitura.
- Demonstrated experience in Tessitura implementations and ongoing business process improvement initiatives.
- Experience working in a collaborative environment, including continuous interaction with business staff and management, internal IS&T staff and management, and external consulting partners, as well as the ability to share knowledge effectively with colleagues.
- Demonstrated strong organizational, communication, and time management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, flexible mindset.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
Knowledge and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher required.
- Previous business experience in the Constituent business arena (membership and development, venue/event management, etc.) considered a plus, especially in a not-for-profit Tessitura/Artifax environment.
- Interest in art, art history, music or related cultural field considered a plus.