The Metropolitan Museum of Art, one of the world’s finest museums, seeks an intelligent, talented, innovative, and Tessitura experienced resource to support reengineering of our diverse customer centric systems onto an integrated Tessitura and Artifax solution in the Information Systems & Technology Department (IS&T). This employee, as part of a dynamic department, will contribute deep subject matter expertise to the Museum’s initiative to consolidate constituent systems onto the Tessitura/Artifax platform and subsequently continue to support the platform on an ongoing basis. The individual will be the primary liaison to the business community as we continue to implement Tessitura and Artifax in our organization. The scope of this current multi-phase initiative includes Group Admissions, General Admissions, Special Events, Concerts and Lectures, Education and Membership and Development. The individual must have the knowledge and communication skills to be able to work effectively with multiple levels and degrees of business and technical expertise throughout the organization, as well as deep knowledge of and experience in Tessitura, and its application to the areas of Membership and Development, General and Group Admissions, Education, and Concerts and Lectures. Knowledge of Artifax as a complement to Tessitura is also extremely helpful. Experience with Tessitura in a Museum environment would be preferable but not mandatory.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Own the relationship and act as primary liaison to the business community for all matters related to the Constituent Systems Tessitura/Artifax community. The business community includes Visitor Services (General and Group Admissions), Education, Concerts and Lectures, Special Events and Membership and Development.
- In conjunction with the Project Manager, Constituent Consolidation, manage the relationship with the business areas that have completed the conversion to Artifax/Tessitura including Education, Visitor Services Group Admissions, Concerts and Lectures and Special Events.
- Assist Project Manager, Constituent Consolidation, with specific tasks related to new phases of the Constituent Consolidation project, including Membership and Development. This may include work in the project life cycle phases of Workflow Design, Knowledge Transfer, Configuration, Data Conversion, Procedure and Report Development, Integrations, End User Training, and Post Go Live support.
- Identify and document business and functional requirements, coordinate project priorities, and develop project plans for initiatives.
- Support constituent business community by solving issues and addressing support tickets relating to user security, reports, application errors, configuration settings, end user functionality, etc.
- Coordinate work with the Project Manager for Constituent Systems and the Applications and Data Services team to meet user needs and resolve open issues.
- Project manage and perform business and functional requirements definition for constituent team initiatives relating to all channels including point of sale, web, mobile and kiosk.
- Facilitate documentation, end user testing and end user training efforts.
- Bring deep working experience, including Tessitura functional and business analysis, in the areas of Membership and Development and ticketing functions, as well as implementation experience from other institutions that successfully leverage Tessitura software in their business, to the Museum’s Constituent Consolidation initiative.
- Work with the constituent departments, IS&T, and consulting teams to ensure that Tessitura is leveraged optimally, that current business processes are re-evaluated within the context of the new system, and that Tessitura best practices are utilized.
- Research, recommend, establish, and maintain best practices in the implementation and ongoing maintenance and support of the Tessitura/Artifax platform.
- Perform business analyst tasks for the Constituent Consolidation Project including functional requirements definition, Tessitura/Artifax configuration, report design and development, and functional requirements definition for all integrations.
- In collaboration with the project management team, monitor project progress and manage project scope for key elements of the Constituent Consolidation initiative; re-evaluate project status on a regular basis; provide project update reports in written and verbal form.
- In collaboration with the project management team, work diligently to deliver projects on time and on budget.
- Will spend a small amount of time (less than 20%) assisting the Chief Technology Officer and IS&T Managers with special projects, including assistance in preparation of documents for meetings with Museum executive management.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Five or more years of experience in the Tessitura platform across multiple functional areas, with a deep expertise in ticketing, admissions, education and membership and development functions and the desire to utilize this expertise within the context of an exciting Tessitura conversion project.
- Five or more years of expertise in the Tessitura platform including functional analysis, business analysis, and end user business configuration experience.
- Tessitura experience in both implementation projects and ongoing management of the platform
- Experience with Artifax is highly desired from a configuration, end user, and reporting perspective.
- Focused experience in the Tessitura/Artifax platform related to the following disciplines: Membership and Development; Event Management, especially Concerts and Lectures; General and Group Admissions ticketing; Education, and general Venue Management.
- For Tessitura, experience with TNEW (Tessitura Network Express Web), T-STATS (Business Intelligence Tool), NSCAN (hand held scanner tool), and Mail2 (integrated email engine) all highly desirable.
- For Artifax, Staffing and Event On-Line experience highly desirable.
- Extensive knowledge of business and functional analysis methodologies, as well as project management experience.
- Extensive experience in business requirements definition, functional requirements definition, technical specifications development, and user acceptance testing.
- Up-to-date knowledge of information systems and technologies, particularly in a Windows environment and the latest versions of Tessitura.
- Demonstrated experience in Tessitura implementations and ongoing business process improvement initiatives.
- Experience working in a collaborative environment, including continuous interaction with business staff and management, internal IS&T staff and management, and external consulting partners, as well as the ability to share knowledge effectively with colleagues.
- Demonstrated strong organizational, communication, and time management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, flexible mindset.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
Knowledge and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher required.
- Previous business experience in the Constituent business arena (Membership and Development, venue/event management, Education, General and Group Admissions, etc.), especially in a not-for-profit Tessitura/Artifax environment.
- Interest in art, art history, music or related cultural field considered a plus.