CyArk is an internationally focused, entrepreneurial non-profit with a high tech emphasis. We are the pioneers of the digital preservation movement using lasers, drones and high-def cameras to capture and archive human history. Our goal at CyArk is to digitally preserve 500 cultural heritage sites within the next five years. We have executed fieldwork on international landmarks including on Pompeii, Angkor Wat, Chichen Itza, Babylon and Mt Rushmore. We engage in collaborative projects with the leading cultural institutions including the British Museum, UNESCO and the World Monuments Fund. Our work is regularly the subject of articles and video segments for National Geographic, CNN, BBC, the New York Times and Fast Company.
We value passionate individuals with an expansive sense of curiosity and compelling drive to beneficially impact the world. Join us to contribute your unique talents to preserving the great works of humankind using the latest technology.
We are seeking a positive, results-oriented Strategic Partnerships Manager to lead the organization’s partnership efforts. This role will report to the Vice President with key responsibilities in prospecting and securing new international partners that align with CyArk’s core capabilities and mission. The position will implement fund-raising strategies to increase revenue from corporate partners, foundations, and institutions, including cultivating existing relationships to foster growth. Must express passion for CyArk’s mission and be capable of articulating value to a diverse set of partners. Must have the flexibility to travel globally and domestically in order to increase CyArk’s global impact and the number of cultural heritage sites digitally preserved. This is a full-time, exempt position at our offices in Oakland, CA.
- Implement strategies to increase organizational revenues from corporations and foundations by securing new grants and expanding contributions from existing supporters
- Research, identify and solicit new key decision makers to secure sponsorship and underwriting opportunities and foster continued relationships with existing donors and supporters
- Manage key prospects and develop partner-specific approaches, presentations and pitches in order to build sustainable, strategic partnerships
- Take the lead to develop proposals, including the public presentation, narrative, and scope that effectively communicate CyArk’s mission and value
- Maintain system for tracking funding prospects and account growth opportunities
- Work collaboratively with other team members to ensure campaigns and outbound communications are consistent with CyArk brand and broader strategic goals
- Assist in the development of marketing collateral and messaging as needed to support business development goals
- Commitment to preserving cultural heritage; ability to communicate CyArk’s mission and enhance public understanding of our cause
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with emphasis on tact, diplomacy and persuasion
- Experience in complex partnerships and development work involving multiple parties or long timelines
- Demonstrated comfort and experience interacting with high level contacts, such as senior business leaders, board members, and executives
- Strong organization, prioritization, and project management skills
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to research relevant information, identify issues, evaluate options, develop recommendations, and solve problems
- Multilingual capabilities a plus
- B.A. or B.S. degree and 3-5 years’ experience in working in cultural institutions, historic preservation or development field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Strategic Partnerships Manager” in the subject line. The position will remain open until filled and may close at any time.
About the Company
CyArk was founded in 2003 to ensure heritage sites are available to future generations, while making them uniquely accessible today. CyArk operates internationally as a 501(c)3 non-profit organization with the mission of using new technologies to create a free, 3D online library of the world’s cultural heritage sites before they are lost to natural disasters, destroyed by human aggression or ravaged by the passage of time. CyArk utilizes its 3D, engineering-grade data to create highly accurate documentation drawings to aid site conservation and realistic visualizations to enhance education and interpretation. CyArk archives this data for the future so that it may serve as a point in time record of the site.
The CyArk 500 Challenge is CyArk’s ambitious international initiative to document, share, and archive 500 at-risk cultural heritage sites over the course of five years. With the ever increasing threat of global conflict, natural disasters, and population growth, our heritage is at risk—and its preservation is of higher importance than ever.