The Indianapolis Museum of Art (IMA) seeks a talented Software Developer to work as part of the IMA Lab (http://lab.imamuseum.org). The IMA Lab is a team of creatives focused on web and native solutions using open source technologies, we strive for excellent design and rich user experience.
The IMALab is a unique group within the cultural institution space. The IMALab develops innovative, open source solutions for art museums, gardens, historic societies, and other cultural institutions and works with these institutions to implement and optimize the solutions. The IMALab specializes in online collections and integrations with collection management systems, online and in-gallery interactives, website and app development. Examples of IMALab innovation includes ArtBabble, TAP, and OSCI. In addition, the IMALab works directly as the in-house developer for IMA applications.
We are looking for a developer that is passionate about creating efficient and scalable software using the latest frontend & backend technologies. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of the full software stack, have their finger on the pulse of new technologies and strive to create elegant code.
- Work closely with designers and developers to create new features and services
- Create clean, well-documented and efficient software and services
- Create clean, semantic markup inline with current best practices
- Develop elegant and performant application code
- Maintain, refactor and optimize existing sites and services
- Experience with server side languages such as Python, PHP
- Experience with web frameworks such as Django, Laravel
- Experience with CMS/Blog platforms such as Drupal, WordPress, etc.
- Experience with RDBMS programming and optimization using MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.
- Experience developing and interacting with REST-ful web services
- Strong command of web standards, CSS-based design, cross-browser compatibility
- Experience with modern client-side scripting frameworks (Backbone, Ember, Angular, etc.)
- Experience with modern version control (Git) and workflows
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Informatics, or 3+ years of related field experience.
- Expertise in Python and/or PHP
- Proficiency in other languages such as Objective-C, Node-js, or Java
- Responsive design strategies and tactics
- SEO, Semantic markup, Microformats
- Experience with modern CSS/styling frameworks (Less, SCSS, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience with implementing various GoF design patterns
- Experience with TDD, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Familiarity with iOS
- Interest in the arts
A competitive salary is offered for all positions and a generous benefits package for full-time positions. To apply, please send your resume to: ATTN: Human Resources – 4000 Michigan Road; Indianapolis, IN 46208, e-mail to email@example.com, or fax to 317-920-2655. No phone calls, please. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.