Do you obsess about art and its intersection with contemporary art culture? Are you online 24/7 and tapped into our ever-changing digital culture? Do you excel at communicating in both words and images? Got a deep understanding of both art dabblers and art-world insiders? The Walker Art Center is hiring a Social Media Specialist to embody our energy, thinking, and brand online. A contemporary art center focused on the visual, performing, and moving-image arts and the blurring of the boundaries between these disciplines, we’re seeking a digital innovator who thrives in a fast-paced environment, enjoys the nuances of contemporary art and design, and seeks out unexpected solutions on the job. A sharp thinker and incisive writer, the ideal candidate looks forward to growing with the Walker as we launch our newly expanded, dynamic campus in 2017.
As a contemporary art center focused on the visual, performing, and moving-image arts and the blurring of the boundaries between these disciplines, we are looking for a digital innovator who thrives in a fast-paced environment, enjoys the nuances of contemporary art and design, and seeks out unexpected solutions on the job. The ideal candidate looks forward to growing with the Walker as we launch our newly expanded, dynamic campus in 2017.
Key responsibilities will include:
– Managing the social media editorial calendar, aligning timing with other communications timelines
– Creating and posting content for social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, and others), working across departments to generate story ideas
– Providing the social media “voice” for the Walker in collaboration with internal partners, copresenting partners; answering user/customer service questions via social media
– Developing measurements, standards, and goals for social media efforts
– Working with the marketing team on creative development for advertising and promotions, email marketing, and other duties related to integrated marketing strategies
– Cultivating and leveraging online influencers who are interested in the Walker and staying current with trends and emerging technologies
Schedule and Compensation:
– 35 hours/week (Availability and willingness to work evenings and weekends as required)
– Salary to low 40’s and dependent on experience. Excellent benefit package, Walker membership and museum discount, and the opportunity to work alongside talented individuals as well as support some remarkable artists, events and programming.
– 2+ years’ experience in communications, marketing, or related fields. Strong written communications skills, including proofreading, grammar and spelling skills are a must.
– Demonstrated ability having managed social media for an organization. Experience with social media management tools and analytics are required.
Arts marketing or communications experience highly preferred.
– Accurate and attentive to details, well-organized, and flexible in meeting shifting demands and priorities.
– Professional poise, strong interpersonal skills, a collaborative work style, and the ability to efficiently and accurately oversee a large variety of time-sensitive projects in a fast-paced work environment required.
– Basic knowledge of HTML and WordPress required. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
– Skills in photography, photo editing, video production, design, and blogging are a plus.
– Ability to lift 20+ lbs. on an occasional basis plus frequent lifting/handling of lighter materials is required.
Please email letter of interest and resume to email@example.com. Position will remain open until ideal candidate has been found.
The Walker is committed to being an inclusive workplace as well as increasing diversity in our workforce. We especially encourage applications from minority group members, women, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups and others who may contribute to further diversification of ideas. We are an EOE/AA employer dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.