The Senior Web Developer will be an essential part of a newly created Digital Department at the Museum of the City of New York. We’re looking for a good all-rounder, but with exceptional skills in backend and Drupal development. This role will be setting the technical strategy for a new and improved web redesign. A key part of this process will be to review existing systems and develop a plan for improving internal workflows and integrating e-commerce, ticketing & membership, email database, media assets and collections discovery.
- Work independently and with designers, content specialists, data analysts, and technology vendors to enhance our various public-facing digital platforms online and on-site, and provide new features and capabilities.
- Integration of core business systems such as e-commerce, fundraising and collection assets using existing APIs from third-party vendors.
- As lead technical strategist make recommendations on future investments in new technologies and platforms.
- Develop new templates and functionality as needed to enhance marketing and audience engagement efforts, including interactive social and advertising campaigns.
- Work with modules, themes, blocks, views, permissions, and other aspects of Drupal, and write PHP code to provide advanced features.
- Work with hosting providers to ensure secure & reliable administration.
Competencies and Skills
- Minimum of 4 years of web development experience, particularly backend
- Experience with Drupal content management system
- Experience working with APIs for large datasets, such as digital collections
- Experience with responsive design concepts and development tools (such as Bootstrap)
- Comfortable with frontend web development (HTML5, CSS, JS)
- Experience in web graphic production and optimization using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator) preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- Ability to work autonomously and manage assignments simultaneously
Please submit your resume, cover letter and recent portfolio as part of your application. To be considered you must include Senior Web Developer within the subject line of your email. Click here to apply.