The Dallas Museum of Art (DMA) seeks to hire a senior software developer who will join the team in Dallas and help the Museum to impact its local audiences through digital tools and projects. The ideal candidate will have a talent for building dynamic and successful tools, a love for creativity and experimentation, and the diligence to solve tough problems.
- Advanced knowledge of Python web development including Django and other similar web frameworks.
- Fluency with HTML/CSS and the capabilities of cross-browser development
- Extensive experience with database tools including MongoDB, MySQL and MSSQL.
- Experience working with a team of developers and using version control systems like Git and Subversion
- A commitment to open-source development, sharing, and working with a team
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A senior web developer with at least 5 years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, related field, or commensurate work experience
- A software developer who loves to learn and is independently motivated to stay their skills up-to-date
- Proven experience working successfully in diverse teams
- A good communicator who can share their ideas effectively
- Passion for making a difference in Dallas and around the world
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A dynamic workplace, surrounded by priceless art, located in the nation’s largest art district
- The ability to make a difference in a non-profit that strives to effectively serve our local community through art
- A connection to a community of technologists and other developers in cultural organizations around the world
- Competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a flexible working environment
- A comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, and retirement.
The Dallas Museum of Art is committed to building a culturally diverse staff and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Apply Online using our Employment Portal