The Woodruff Arts Center is seeking a Senior Manager of Museum Technology to provide strategic vision and operational support for the High Museum of Art. This position reports to the Woodruff Arts Center Director of IT and resides within the High Museum of Art.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Responsible for identifying technology opportunities to position the High Museum of Art as a technological industry leader.
- Responsible for technology initiatives from inception to completion. This includes building and developing proposals, building business cases as well as project management leadership during the implementation phase.
- Participate in fund raising efforts in support of the High’s technology initiatives. This includes participation in prospect identification, board collaboration and proposal development.
- Effective advocacy for Museum needs in IT steering committees.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert on museum processes and operations. This includes but is not limited to spearheading process improvements and strategic initiatives to enhance the use of technology by Museum staff.
- Work collaboratively with all Museum departments.
- Represent the museum’s interests at power user’s meetings and during application selections, installations, upgrades and enhancements.
- Assist Museum staff with questions and best practices regarding application configuration and setup.
- Provide general application support in trouble shooting and resolving issues / distinguishes between applications and systems problems and escalates as appropriate.
- Design and deliver comprehensive end-user applications training to museum staff.
- Act as liaison between the IT department and end users in gathering requirements and testing for new enhancements or projects; Document business requirements and testing scenarios.
- As an Arts Center employee, there may be opportunities to service the other Arts Partners across the organization.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in an information technology related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in various aspects of museum technologies.
- Experience implementing, supporting, and/or administering museum applications.
- Broad understanding of museum practice, IT requirements, business needs and new technologies.
- Successful track record of driving strategic initiatives from inception through completion.
- Senior level experience in a startup is ideal.
- Working knowledge of PCI-DSS requirements preferred.
- Tessitura experience preferred.
- Museum Collections Management Database (TMS) experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Strong customer focus and customer service skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and light lifting (at least 10 pounds) is needed.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements by clicking here to apply