DIRECT JOB LINK: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/CHI1023/JobBoard/6f16dad2-aeb7-b3ae-7e8c-63d0684114fc/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=52008ba2-a344-47a4-a9c9-9959a75ee293
The part-time Museum Store Sales Associate is responsible for engaging in sales, merchandising and service activities for The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis Store. The Associate completes daily merchandising tasks and conducts accurate operations of the cash register. The incumbent ensures timely and accurate opening and closing processes with consistent completion of daily paperwork. The Associate works a flexible work schedule to ensure proper store coverage at all times, including weekends and some evenings. She/he assists with other retail projects, at the direction of Store management, as needed.
- Provides excellent sales and customer service by remaining positive and courteous consistently, under all conditions. Promotes museum-wide activities by greeting and welcoming everyone who comes to the store. Operates the cash register through sales transactions and resolves minor computer problems as needed.
- Maintains knowledge of store products in order to provide customer recommendations and encourages sales. Demonstrates and plays with targeted products on an ongoing basis to drive sales. Has knowledge of and promotes the importance of meeting or exceeding all Museum store sales goals.
- Stays apprised of current and upcoming exhibits and museum activities in order to provide knowledgeable information to customers.
- Opens and closes the store accurately and according to all security guidelines. Store must open on time and look sharp every day. Closes the store by counting money correctly, completing paperwork accurately and completing all computer functions.
- Assists in the training new sales associate colleagues. Acquires and promotes continuous working knowledge of all technical changes. Ensures projects are completed in a timely manner and answers product and service questions adeptly. Displays professionalism, teamwork, and patience when solving problems or addressing concerns.
- Assists in the promotion and sales of Museum memberships.
- Monitors inventory to ensure low shrinkage in the stores. Must participate in all inventory counts. Serves as possible back up to host weekend birthday parties when the Birthday Party Coordinator is unavailable.
- Must be available to work extended hours and special events, as needed. Must be available to attend sales and team meetings.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Retail sales experience preferred, but related sales or service experience considered.
- Basic understanding of business math and inventory control.
- Must possess the proven ability to operate a cash register and make accurate transactions.
- Must be outgoing and enthusiastic. Must be professional, courteous, dependable, adaptable, organized and efficient. Must show initiative to sell.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, child-centric environment that values diverse people and values all.
*Special consideration given to those applicants who are multi-lingual.
- Must be able to view computer monitor, keyboard and store inventory.
- Must be able to communicate extensively with customers, visitors and staff, via face-to-face conversations.
- Must be able to operate a cash register, conduct accurate transactions and document all necessary financial information.
- Must be able to navigate the museum physical plant and campus, kneel, sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. and tolerate dust in the indoor environment.