It’s an exciting time to join the Digital Media and Publishing team as they look to deliver a new digital strategy that will collapse the boundaries between external audiences and visitors to the Museum. As the Product Manager: Research for the top tourist attraction in the UK, you will contribute to implementing change within this rapidly modernising and world-renowned setting. The main purpose of the role is to create web, mobile and social media products and content to represent the Museum as a research organisation. The role will project manage new products and content formats from vision to delivery, and from optimisation to growth to exit.
Key areas of responsibility:
• Play a key part in building the Product Management capability and culture in the Museum to ensure conversion to ticket sales
• Building a large and valuable audience for our research content to significantly grow both the reach and impact of this work
• Generating and project managing pipeline of new projects which express the focus and outcomes of research work in digital media
• Partnering with curators to generate concepts for digital research work and project managing the production of that work, with a particular focus on social media based publishing
• Building a digital marketing program for research work which integrates with our other channels
• Leading a series of projects to develop our portfolio of digital research products
• Participating in initiatives to helping build the product management capability in the Digital and Publishing Department with the Head of Digital and Publishing and Senior Product Managers
Closing date for applications is Thursday 4th December 2014.
More information on LinkedIn or on the British Museum’s own website: