It’s an exciting time to join the Digital Media and Publishing team as they look to deliver a new digital strategy that will collapse the boundaries between external audiences and visitors to the Museum. As the Product Manager: Brand for the top tourist attraction in the UK, you will contribute to implementing change within this rapidly modernising and world-renowned setting.
The main purpose of the role is to tell the story of the British Museum’s brand across web, social, mobile and other digital media. The role will project manage the products and content formats associated with that task from vision to delivery and optimisation to growth.
Key areas of responsibility:
• The key initial task will be leading and managing the product development on a new version of the core main Museum website – our homepage, About Us and other core content sections
• The Museum will be making the web experience mobile-centric, prioritising the needs of phone and tablet users to offer the most inclusive, high-reach product possible. The Product manager will lead project management of the development of this area
• Once this product is in market, the candidate will be responsible for managing the user funnel to ensure that optimum traffic levels are distributed across different content areas
• On-going product optimisation work will be a key day-to-day task, increasing our reach, engagement and conversion metrics
• Lead and project manage a series of social media product formats that tell the story of the Museum’s brand, history and values. These will range from use of existent 3rd party tools to the conception of new widgets and tools that have high levels of virality.