This Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship, within the National Institute for Experimental Arts (NIEA), College of Fine Arts, is located at the newly created Laboratory for Innovation in Galleries, Libraries, Archives and Museums (iGLAM), University of New South Wales, Sydney. iGLAM researches at the intersection of emerging technologies and tangible/intangible and natural heritage. Through collaboration with GLAM communities, iGLAM develops applied outcomes at the forefront of visitor experiences.
The Post Doctoral Research Fellow will contribute to the research trajectories of iGLAM through excellent theoretical and practised-based research. Researchers interested in the following could apply:
- Establishing your own visionary research initiatives within iGLAM that are
complimentary to existing research.
- Supporting iGLAM through research on major grant initiatives.
- Contributing to the overall research activities of iGLAM including workshops,
demonstrations, seminars, conferences and public speaking.
- Contributing to the overall research outputs of iGLAM through publications,
installations, products and services together with and for the GLAMs
- Undertaking promotion of iGLAM within the sector both in Australia and overseas.
Maintain a keen and high-level interest in both technologically enabled iGLAM
activities and their theoretical and practical implications
- Developing lasting and sustainable relationships with iGLAM organisations both
within Australia and overseas.
The position will be of interest to those with:
- PhD in any relevant area (of this diverse field)
- Strong publication record
- A track record of innovative theoretical or practical research in one or more of the GLAM domains
- Excellent grant research and writing skills
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team
- Ongoing relationships with GLAMs sector whether international or national
iGLAM is offering a full time (35 hours per week) fixed term position available for three years to a pioneer in the iGLAMs sector.
A$81K – A$87K per year (plus 17% employer superannuation and leave loading)
For further information about the position, please contact the Professor Sarah Kenderdine, on email email@example.com or phone (+61 (0) 402 956 432).