Each Community of Practice will meet at MW’s North American conference in Cleveland April 19-22, 2017 to get to know one another and set an agenda for the year. The year’s program will likely involve regular email correspondence among participants (e.g. via a listserv), online meetings and conference calls, webinars, as well as further in-person meetings. The Community Coordinator dedicates 5 hours per week to managing these exchanges, ensuring that community members remain engaged and informed about the work of the community and wider field in accessibility and its emergent tools and practices.Specific responsibilities include:
- Email exchanges that keep community members aware and engaged in the conversation;
- Researching the MW archives and beyond to share relevant articles, case studies and events with the community;
- Blogging about the community’s topics, members’ work, and recruiting guest bloggers;
- Creating e-newsletters for the community and relevant news items for the entire MW community;
- Helping organize webinars, conference calls, and online meetings of the community;
- Helping run online surveys and other research initiatives with community members and throughout the sector;
- Helping convene in-person community meetings at MW conferences and any other special events held throughout the year.
The Community Coordinator for the Accessibility Community of Practice is managed by MW staff and advised by Sina Bahram, Community Mentor, and senior leader in the field. The position is therefore an excellent opportunity for an emerging cultural heritage professional to develop knowledge of accessibility and a network of practitioners in the field. In the interest of diversifying talent in the field, MW is particularly interested in receiving applications from candidates from backgrounds that are underrepresented in cultural heritage professions.
Remuneration is $15/hour for 5 hours/week for an initial 25 weeks period from April 17, 2017, with option to renew for an additional 25 weeks thereafter.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.