The Walker Art Center is seeking a part-time mnartist.org Coordinator.
Mn Artists is a 15-year project of the Walker Art Center, made possible by the support of the McKnight Foundation. The project consists of both physical and virtual elements – a website, featuring noticeboards and opportunity listings, profile generation to showcase artists’ work, and local arts journalism; as well as public programs and events held onsite at the Walker and beyond – all designed to give robust support to the Minnesota artist community. The core intentions of the project are to enrich discourse, create opportunities for collaboration, networking and opportunity finding, as well as cultivate audiences for Minnesota artists.
The mnartists.org Coordinator is responsible for overall site administration and maintenance, including responding to help desk inquiries, uploading content on to the website such as opportunities listings; working with Mn Artists Program Manager and key stakeholders to enact social media strategy; and developing digital outreach initiatives that would facilitate website access to a broad range of Minnesota artists.
- Compensation $20/hr
- Part-time, 20 hours per week
- Museum discounts, Walker membership, and the opportunity to work alongside talented individuals as well as support some remarkable artists, events, and programming
Qualified applicants will have:
- Experience in planning, developing and managing the website and/or social media for an arts organization, educational or cultural institution, or in a similar online environment.
- Ability to understand and use appropriate analytics tools for evaluation and reporting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook; applicants with strong web, social media and software proficiency preferred.
- Familiarity with content management systems and tools.
- Friendly and patient disposition in assisting and teaching the Mn Artist community about the platform.
- Ability to work in a team environment and project manage tasks involving the coordination of individuals and teams of people.
- Excellent job management, organizational, and communication skills required; ability to work well under pressure.
- Understanding of and connections to Minnesota’s arts and cultural fields.
- Current driver’s license, car ownership and willingness to travel intra-state.
For consideration please email your resume and cover letter as an MS Word or PDF attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Walker is committed to increasing diversity in our workforce and especially welcomes applications from minority group members, women, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups and others who may contribute to further diversification of ideas. We are an EOE/AA employer dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.