Come join our amazing museum and team!
With the Director of Marketing & Community Relations, oversees the marketing and communications initiatives of The Corning Museum of Glass. Implements marketing and communications campaigns in support of exhibitions, programs, resources, acquisitions, and special events. Oversees the daily communications, graphic design, social media, and marketing activities. Manages the Museum’s marketing and communications (marcom) staff.
- Works with the Director of Marketing & Community Relations to plan and execute marketing and communications programs to create awareness and achieve annual attendance goals. Uses analytics to evaluate campaign effectiveness and enhance future programs.
- Oversees day-to-day execution of integrated marketing and communication plan in support of Museum’s goals.
- Oversees the daily operation of the marcom team and prioritizes workflow. Develops high-level project plans and timelines. Cultivates a positive and productive workplace through communication, vision, teamwork, and commitment.
- Builds and maintains a working knowledge of all departments and program areas. Serves as a highly effective link between program teams and marcom for strategy, ideation and execution.
- Supports the creation of and writes engaging messages, storylines, and content for a variety of communications, media and channels, including online content, email, social media, web, and collateral to grow awareness of and drive visitation to the Museum.
- With the Director and Public Relations Manager, effectively manages relationships with outside agencies and consultants in support of marketing and communications strategy.
- Drives social media engagement with Museum through the development of social media strategies.
- Collaborates across the organization to ensure communications are cohesive, meet Museum standards and convey a consistent story to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, trains and coaches the marcom regular and temporary staff.
- With the Director, develops and implements the annual marketing and communication budgets; manages expenses to budget.
- Serves as a member of and leads matrix teams, as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field required
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years’ experience in marketing and/or communications, preferably in a non-profit or museum setting.
- Excellent professional-level writing and verbal communications skills with an ability to adjust communication for different audiences and channels and tell a compelling story.
- Strong communication and collaborative skills, including ability to clearly convey concepts and vision to creative and production teams, consultants and stakeholders.
- Strong supervisory skills.
- Must be a resourceful, self-starter who combines a high level of creativity/initiative with strong organizational skills.
- Capability to manage multiple projects under tight and sometimes competing deadlines with the flexibility to quickly shift gears when needed.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work closely with multiple internal and external stakeholders as well as senior leadership.
- Experience maintaining the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Capable of operating with minimal supervision while consistently communicating status.
- Analytical skills and the ability to draw meaningful conclusions and recommendations based on quantitative and qualitative data.
- Basic knowledge of digital communications and design. Ability to maintain currency with and access new technologies.
- Knowledge of and experience using social media.
- Ability to professionally deal with the press and other outside resources.
- Ability to effectively work with people at all levels.
- Ability to represent the Museum professionally.
- Ability to work weekends and evenings as needed.
- Ability to travel as needed.
Email, fax, or mail resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to (607) 438-5410, or send to Corning Museum of Glass, One Museum Way, Corning, NY 14830, Attn: Human Resources.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.