Working collaboratively with the division’s video/audio production staff along with writers, graphic designers, and editors across the Museum, the Interactive Graphic Designer role develops graphics to ensure a cohesive, high-quality aesthetic in support of the Museum’s interactive vision, and museum visitor presentation goals.
• Develop graphics and layouts to enhance User Interface and User Experience
• Adapt and optimize type treatments, graphics, photo and design elements for a variety of outputs channels, primarily in-gallery presentations, mobile applications and websites
• Develop work-flow structure to meet deadlines
• Distinguish our media by leveraging user-centered creative design and technology
• Work with team members to create innovative web/in-gallery/mobile design concepts
• Assist in determining overall interactive structure, flow, and user experience
• Prototype design/functional concepts and collaborate on creative vision
• Thorough experience in user interface design and creation
• Assist with interactive style guide and best practices documentation
Qualified candidates will have 3 or more years experience as a user experience designer or interactive designer with a portfolio that demonstrates superior visual skills along with process and thinking. Candidates should have a mastery of design and production tools, including Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign. Proficiency in creating graphics for mobile applications and web sites required. Must have the ability to turn creative direction and output channel requirements into visual experiences with an understanding of how design affects site performance/load time, and effective optimization techniques. Position requires the ability to propose design solutions based on best practices, fundamental design, and usability principles. Seeking someone with the motivation to continuously research and learn different methods and techniques to provide a variety of solutions. Experience in a non-profit environment useful.
To apply, please visit the Museum’s job opportunities web page at: http://www.philamuseum.org/jobs/.