As part of the Creative and Interactive Media team, the Interactive Designer will lead the visual design of the Museum’s websites; design web features, e-mail, digital advertisements, mobile apps, and in-gallery interactives. Designer will also advise on information architecture, draft wireframes, and develop prototypes. Will work closely with graphic designers, editors, web producers, and developers.
As lead designer for the website, the candidate will establish and maintain the graphic identity for the site, design web pages and special features, and ensure consistent application of visual standards.
Must be able to work with the Drupal 7 content management system and reactive Omega grid theme.
Help conceive and develop new content for the website and in-gallery interactives, working with colleagues in Education, Exhibition Design, and Curatorial departments.
Be a member of a cross-departmental web team that discusses both business goals and production. Also meet frequently with clients and stakeholders throughout the Museum.
Create sitemaps, wireframes, prototypes, and userflows for new features on mfa.org.
Contribute to interface design for the MFA Guide, an iOS app that delivers mobile tours for special exhibitions and the permanent collection.
Design content for digital signs throughout the building.
Design HTML e-mail templates.
Skills and Experience
• Work in a Mac-based production environment
• Proficiency in web design software, Adobe Creative Suite, and some Windows specifications
• Strong HTML skills and a solid understanding of CSS.
• Strong UX and UI design skills
• Knowledge of print design a plus
• Knowledge of best practices for web design and museum design trends
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Knowledge and Education
• 3-5 years of experience in interactive or web design
• Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, or related field or equivalent experience
See listing on MFA website: http://www.mfa.org/employment/interactive-designer
For consideration, please submit your cover letter and résumé to: email@example.com.