The Indianapolis Museum of Art (IMA) seeks a talented Software Developer to work as part of the IMA Lab. The IMA Lab is a team of creatives focused on web and native solutions using open source technologies, we strive for excellent design and rich user experience. We’re looking for a developer that is passionate about creating efficient and scalable software using the latest frontend & backend technologies. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of the full software stack, have their finger on the pulse of new technologies and strive to create elegant code.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work closely with designers and developers to create new features and services
- Create clean, well-documented and efficient software and services
- Create clean, semantic markup inline with current best practices
- Develop elegant and performant client-side application code
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Informatics, or 3+ years of related field experience
- Experience with server side languages such as Python, PHP
- Experience with web frameworks such as Django, Laravel
- Experience with CMS/Blog platforms such as Drupal, WordPress, etc.
- Experience with RDBMS programming and optimization using MySQL, Postgresql, etc.
- Experience developing and interacting with REST-ful web services
- Strong command of web standards, CSS-based design, cross-browser compatibility
- Experience with modern client-side scripting frameworks (Backbone, Ember, Angular, etc.)
- Experience with modern version control (git) and workflows
- Expertise in Python and/or PHP
- Proficiency in other languages such as Objective-c, Node.js, or Java
- Responsive design strategies and tactics
- SEO, Semantic markup, Microformats
- Experience with modern CSS/styling frameworks (Less, SCSS, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience with implementing various GoF design patterns
- Experience with TDD, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Interest in the arts
A competitive salary and benefits package is offered. To apply, please email your resume and a letter of interest to email@example.com. No phone calls, please. The IMA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.