IMA JOB POSTING! IMA JOB POSTING! IMA JOB POSTING! IMA JOB POSTING!
A competitive salary is offered for all positions and a generous benefits package for full-time positions. To apply, please send your resume to: ATTN: Human Resources – 4000 Michigan Road; Indianapolis, IN 46208, e-mail to email@example.com, or fax to 317-920-2655. No phone calls, please. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
HEAD OF TECHNOLOGY
(Please specify “Head of Technology” in subject line if you email your resume)
The Head of Technology at the Indianapolis Museum of Art (IMA) is responsible and accountable for the strategy, planning, and execution of all information and technology resources, projects of the IMA, including the IMA Lab.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include the following.
- Develop short and long-term plans and strategy for technology at the IMA and IMA Lab in conjunction with the CFO with a focus on identifying and implementing innovative solutions for leading cultural institutions. Lead the departments in developing and achieving their strategic plans.
- Direct supervision of the IT Operations Department including the support and planning of the IMA’s network infrastructure, email systems, network storage, server applications, desktop support, gallery electronics, helpdesk, network security and disaster recovery backup and planning.
- Direct the efforts of the IMA Lab. This team of software developers and graphics designers is responsible for the creation and maintenance of IMA’s information infrastructure including, the collection management system, digital asset management system, ticketing, membership, and retail systems, as well as the library and digital asset cataloging systems. In addition, this team develops innovative solutions for and with partner art museums, gardens, historic societies, and other cultural institutions.
- Identify funding opportunities, including grant-based opportunities. In addition, he/she will be responsible for tracking the IMA Lab’s business development client and grant pipeline.
- Maintain and strengthen the IMA’s reputation as a leader in the cultural field in the use of technology and for promoting the IMA’s mission.
- Develop relationships and collaborations with other leaders in the field. These collaborations will leverage the IMA’s existing efforts to take advantage of synergies and common interests between like-minded institutions.
- Responsible for the budgeting and financial aspects of operating these departments.
- Other projects and duties, as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
B.A./B.S. degree. Minimum seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Strong leadership and staff development skills; proven ability in strategic planning and implementation; general knowledge of network systems.