The Exhibition Media Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of exhibition media planning, design, production, and maintenance, as these items are developed for core and special exhibitions of the 9/11 Memorial Museum. The Exhibitions department oversees more than 90 media pieces, both static and interactive. This position works with a range of digital media including software applications, mobile applications, and websites.
The Exhibition Media Manager manages staff, including the Exhibition Media Coordinator and a media developer. The Exhibition Media Manager works with Museum staff and consultants, including the Museum’s content development and physical production teams in Exhibitions, Collections staff, Information Technology, and media design and production consultants.
This position may require some early morning or evening hours for media testing, installation, and periodic reviews.
- Responsible for overall media design, production, and maintenance of 9/11 Memorial Museum long-term, temporary, and traveling exhibitions.
- Develop strategic plan for new and updated exhibition media and strategize on implementation.
- Working with staff and consulting media designers, manage the design, development, and production for new and revised media pieces; ensure fidelity to design style guides; manage contractual relationships for consultants.
- Manage the internal and external processes surrounding the maintenance, testing, and updating of custom content management systems and software related to media installations.
- Coordinate with the Director of Exhibitions to ensure media content is appropriately licensed, reviewed, copy-edited, and fact-checked.
- For installation and maintenance, coordinate as appropriate with other Memorial and Museum departments, including Information Technology and Facilities, either directly or in coordination with the Exhibition Production Manager.
- Perform regular, quality-control reviews of onsite installations as part of a review team.
- Working with the Exhibition Media Coordinator, manage the ongoing inspection, maintenance, and updating of installed media pieces; ensure the ongoing review and maintenance of media content management systems and software; ensure thorough archiving of media pieces and related design documentation.
- Under the direction of the VP for Exhibitions, and in collaboration with the Director of Exhibitions and the Exhibition Production Manager, provide input into overall Exhibition division calendar, staff assignments, and resource allocation.
- Assist with other exhibition planning and implementation tasks, as requested, including the preparation of exhibit-related materials for other Memorial and Museum divisions.
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Graduate degree in exhibition design, information design, journalism, library science, museum studies, or related preferred.
- Three or more years of related experience at a design firm, museum, or non-profit required.
- Excellent communication, research, and organizational skills required.
- Overall understanding of exhibition media development from concept development to installation.
- Knowledge of various digital media exhibition systems, including passive, active, and handheld systems.
- Familiarity with a range of computer programs, including the Microsoft Office suite, database and content management systems, basic and HTML/XML.
- Experience working with web, mobile, and multimedia technologies, including iOS and Android platforms.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and coordinate multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- General knowledge of September 11, 2001 and February 26, 1993 events.
- This is a full-time position.
- We offer a competitive salary and full benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY
- Include job title in the email subject field.
- Please indicate the location where job posting was seen.
- Please submit a resume and cover letter, which must include your salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 7/17/15.
- Please visit our web site at www.911Memorial.org.
The National September 11 Memorial and Museum at the World Trade Center Foundation, Inc. is committed to workforce diversity. EEO