The Indianapolis Museum of Art is one of the nation’s largest encyclopedic art museums and is part of a 152-acre campus that also includes a botanical garden and an art and nature park. Our mission is “To enrich lives through exceptional experiences with art and nature.
We seek a Director of Digital Revenue and Online Strategy who will be deeply committed to building out digital functional capability across the organization. The primary goal of this new role is to increase the IMA’s revenue from general admission, membership, philanthropy, and retail. Requires sophisticated collaborative leadership and communications skills to develop internal partnerships across multiple business units.
- Collaborative leader and internal consultant who can drive revenue growth across multiple business units (general admission, membership, philanthropy, retail) through digital platforms
- Be a thought leader with strong internal credibility and expert on digital marketing and fundraising trends, tactics, and strategies
- Develop a prioritized and phased plan to increase revenue from guests, members and donors via digital channels
- Works closely with IT/IMA Lab to identify, prioritize, and execute digital revenue development projects
Lead Digital Revenue Strategy
Builds and executes a prioritized and phased plan to increase revenue acquired through digital channels from guests, members, and donors with immediate focus on increasing advance ticket sales. A critical leader and part of the organization’s overall strategic and marketing teams.
- Leads collaborative and phased development of IMA web site (with Marketing, IT, and external agencies)
- As a leader of strategy, ensures today’s tactics allow for future growth, including future launch of CRM
- Reports to Deputy Director for External Affairs
- Becomes a collaborative expert sought out by senior IMA leadership including the CEO and other Deputy Directors. Collaborates deeply with Director of Marketing, Assistant Director of Communications, Director of Membership, Director of Hospitality, Director of Retail, Deputy Director for Advancement, and Director of Technology
- Prepare and oversee digital marketing budget
- Develop and execute digital engagement strategy to bring IMA’s new brand to life
- Serve as consultant to Guest Services regarding efforts to improve online ticket sales
- Tactics will include web, display advertising, SEO, social media, email marketing , mobile, promotions, online events, outreach initiatives, paid/organic online media, as well as important future platforms and channels
- Continually test and optimize towards an improved ROI. Report regularly (monthly) on campaign performance and learnings.
- Manage relationships with internal (IMA Lab) and external consultants (ad agency) to execute website projects, technological development of critical tools (e.g., email, CRM) and overall maintenance
- Hires external vendors as appropriate
- Develop, in collaboration with Communications, Marketing, Design, processes to manage workflow, communication and deliverables
- Along with Director of Marketing, champion and embody brand’s personality
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 5 to 10 years of experience driving digital revenue growth in agency, corporate, retail or non-profit organization
- 5 to 10 years of experience leading diverse collaborative teams– Account Management experience is a plus
- Experience working with Content Management Systems and CRM systems a plus
- Experience creating and measuring success of online campaigns
Candidates from the private sector are particularly welcome if they have the skills and background as well as the personal motivation and style to succeed in a fast-paced mission-driven organization. One need not have a background in Art History, but a successful candidate will be passionate about the IMA’s mission and role in Indianapolis. College graduate with BA or BS required. MBA or Master’s degree a plus.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Requires strategic analytical skills coupled with deep command of digital media
- Demonstrated ability to lead project management with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to calculate and communicate program ROI and to implement optimization recommendations
Email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.