The Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History
Digital Projects Manager
The Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History is a New York-based national nonprofit devoted to the teaching and learning of American history. Gilder Lehrman draws on top scholars, an unparalleled collection of original historical documents, and a national network of affiliate schools to create and provide a broad range of innovative resources, help new generations of students learn about American history in a way that is engaging and memorable, and promotes critical thinking and excellent writing.
Working under the supervision of Director of Digital Projects and Publications, the Digital Projects Manager will:
- Conceptualize and create new digital resources and adapt current archive of print resources for the Gilder Lehrman website: work in consultation with the IT team
- Upgrade existing educational material on website and contribute to new content
- Integrate Gilder Lehrman Collection documents on GLI website with visual and multimedia elements to enhance audience engagement
- Work with IT, Marketing, Development and Education teams to publish a full range of digital materials
- Contribute to building a new mobile-optimized website for tablets and smartphone to forward the Institute’s mission
- Establish project plans and cooperate with IT through each phase of development
- Three to four years of experience developing successful digital content
- Portfolio and/or collection of 3-5 links to relevant digital education projects
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, collaborate with IT staff, and deliver projects on time
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, Adobe Creative Suite and content management systems
- Interest in American history
Bachelor’s degree in the humanities, digital project management, or related field. Master’s preferred.
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package. Please send resume and cover letter to HR@gilderlehrman.org. Include the job title, “Digital Projects Manager” in the subject line of your email.
Gilder Lehrman Institute is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.