The Digital Marketing Specialist is responsible for conveying MCA’s awesomeness, in voice and appearance, across all digital channels. S/he will be tasked with driving museum awareness and visitation through multi-channel digital campaigns. This position works hand in hand with the Director of Marketing to develop and set the digital strategy and support other museum departments Including exhibitions, development, and programs in the execution and reporting of their digital projects.
- Serve as overlord of website, blog, search, email, and social media management.
- Support Director of Marketing in gathering metrics for month end reports, quarterly board meetings, and sponsorship fulfillment.
- Support Director of Marketing in developing and executing integrated digital communications strategy for exhibitions, adult programs, teen programs membership, special events, rentals, and the Cafe & Bar.
- Develop and coordinate graphics requests with agency and freelancers to ensure on-time, and on-brand delivery of assets.
- Oversees external vendors including web developer, MailChimp, and freelancers for ongoing website maintenance and reporting bugs/fixes.
- Manages, tracks, and reports budgets for assigned projects
- Owner of the Image and Video Repository. In charge of making it searchable, usable, and current.
- Function as project manager for servicing digital requests across the museum:
- Ensure the museum’s website is current and all information is up to date
- Schedule, write, produce weekly email campaigns using MailChimp email service provider. Coordinate with all departments to source content and approvals.
- Draft and develop social media content across the museum’s social media platforms: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat.
- Oversee selection, approvals, captioning, and upload of digital assets including photography and video to internal archive.
- Work with programs and exhibitions to generate content for museum’s blog.
- A. in Marketing, Communications, Art, Art History, or related field.
- Minimum 1-year experience in cultural organization or digital marketing position.
- Strong writing and copy-editing skills .
- Strong knowledge of social media, evidenced by robust personal network including: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat.
- Knowledge of social media management tools including: hootsuite, tweetdeck, iconosquare, and others.
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS knowledge a plus.
- Competency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong storytelling ability.
- Project management skills (especially working cross functionally across multiple departments) and ability to prioritize/multitask.
- Experience in a web CMS a plus.
- Experience in email marketing (MailChimp) a plus.
- Experience in project management software (Basecamp/Asana) a plus.
- Industry knowledge of digital best practices.
- Genuine interest in contemporary art and contemporary culture.
- Some evening and weekend work required.
How to Apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
In your cover letter, please tell us:
- Why you are the perfect fit for this job.
- Your three favorite artists (living or dead).
- Your favorite museum or museum exhibition you have seen.