The digital marketing associate is responsible for maintaining the National Building Museum’s online presence, marketing the museum’s exhibitions and public programs, and external relations, including working with the press, publications, and advertising. The successful candidate will possess experience with most or all of the following: online content strategy and development, multimedia and social media production and management, email communications, electronic database and content management, and web analytics. The Museum uses the Blackbaud Luminate Online platform (formerly known as Convio) for hosting its constituent relations (CRM) and content management (CMS) tools. Experience with these platforms is strongly preferred.
Responsibilities and Functions
- Web strategy including structure, site development, content development, and deployment. Interpretation and execution of editorial plans via web site and other online channels.
- Establish and manage blogs and social media accounts, such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, YouTube, Instagram, etc.
- Author and edit original content for online communications channels.
- Devise and implement mobile optimization strategies for Museum content.
- Collaborate with team to improve all areas of museum’s online presence, including exhibitions, fundraising, education, ecommerce, online events, constituent relations, etc.
- Perform day-to-day website management duties including content updates, data management, development of web graphics and multimedia, and email marketing.
- Facilitate online initiatives, collaborating with internal departments and external partners to ensure programmatic, editorial, and development commitments are met.
- Coordinate Museum-wide email calendar and optimize email performance.
- Track and report web and social media analytics.
- Manage and create video and audio materials. Ability to record and produce these materials using Final Cut Pro and related applications is a plus.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Candidates should have 2-3 years of experience as a digital marketing specialist or web editor.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Experience with CMS and CRM database platforms.
- Experience with HTML, CSS, Photoshop, social media platforms, Microsoft Office.
- Highly organized and professional demeanor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Museum Studies, Technology, and/or related experience.
Interested candidates should email a resume along with a cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please put your last name and Digital Marketing Associate in the subject line. No phone calls please.