Ford’s Theatre Society in Washington, D.C., is seeking a Digital Content Manager to join its team.
Ford’s Theatre Society values and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and working environment. Ford’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Digital Content Manager is an integral part of moving the institution’s digital initiatives forward to enhance the overall visitor experience both on site and online. The position supports Ford’s portfolio of digital offerings, including websites, mobile, email marketing, video content, digital signage and digital marketing. This position is part of envisioning the future of digital media and technology use for Ford’s Theatre and works collaboratively across departments to translate our live programming and onsite experience to an online environment.
- Work closely with the Design Director to assist in evaluating, developing and implementing a comprehensive digital strategy, to include websites, mobile applications and other emerging technologies
- Advise and train a cross-departmental group on creating, managing and publishing content for the web and digital signage
- Consult across departments to find creative ways to reach new audiences through digital technologies and interpret content for the web
- Maintain and develop content on the Ford’s website and related digital content products (including video, enewsletters and digital signage) in coordination with other staff and vendors
- Execute promotional and triggered email campaigns that drive revenue and enhance our institution reputation
- Conceptualize and produce cross-departmental video content
- Assist with gathering insight and data to inform digital projects, KPIs and digital direction
- Collaborate on digital marketing ideation, needs and implementation
- Manage SEO strategy including Google Grants Adwords campaigns, monitoring keywords and optimizing the website
- Develop and test email content and strategies
- Evaluate, advise and implement user interface solutions on an ongoing basis
- Support efforts to have all digital content meet Website Content Accessibility Guidelines
- Provide technical support for Facebook page, Twitter feed and other digital content activities
- Continue to learn and be informed of emerging technology and trends
- Support Design Director with maintaining consistent branding standards across all digital platforms
- With Creative Projects Manager, develop, implement and analyze user evaluations
- With Director of Communications and Digital Strategy, assist with managing external web vendor relationships
- Work closely with the digital graphic designer
Education: BA or BS with a concentration in communications, multi-media, digital media or digital communications or equivalent experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of current and emerging technologies
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Expertise in managing web and mobile content management systems like Drupal and Bigtree
- Experience with video-editing platforms like Adobe After Effects, Final Cut Pro, Avid or Adobe Premiere Pro
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of PHP development and scripting language a plus
- Knowledge of SEO strategies and user-centered design
- Knowledge of Website Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and Google Adwords
- Experience managing a YouTube channel
- Knowledge of major social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Passion for history or the performing arts
2 years experience producing and managing content for high-traffic websites; 1 or more years in a museum or other nonprofit arts organization preferred.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.