The Database and Web Administrator is part of the Hammer Museum’s IT department and strategizes, plans, coordinates, and implements activities and changes to the Museum’s websites and databases. The Database and Web Administrator supports the Museum and its initiatives by identifying, developing, and managing new and existing online resources, data visualization, and communications solutions. This position is responsible for development and implementation of the Museum’s internal and external user experience strategy and the creation and maintenance of solid information architecture, ensuring that the information design solution meets both business objectives and end-user expectations.
Under the supervision of the Associate Director, Technology, the incumbent may assist in the training of students, and temporary workers via the Museum’s IT work ticketing system. The incumbent will keep the Associate Director, Technology updated on the status of projects and technical issues.
- Demonstrated experience in User Experience design associated with the successful implementation of medium- to large-scale Web and desktop application systems
- Excellent knowledge of and experience exploring and using Internet technologies (including hosting interfaces such as cPanel), designing Web-based applications, graphics programs, content management systems, usability issues, and other electronic communicationtools
- Expertise with MicrosoftSharePoint
- Familiarity with Blackbaud products preferred
- Demonstrated experience and expertise with current standards for User Interface/Information Architecture UI/IA, Interaction Design, HCI, Usability, Accessibility
- Technical website or database developmentexperience
- Excellent communications skills, including writing and speaking
- Ability to train non-technical staff on Web and other content management technologies using clear and precise language appropriate for lay audiences
- Experience working with outsidevendors
- Demonstrated experience working with large datasets, both public and under PHIcompliance
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years of experience providing customer service in a technological environment; knowledge of a variety of hardware, software, programming languages, and operating systems; basic knowledge of network protocols and computer applications and operating systems
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com and include “Database and Web Administrator” in the subject line. Selected applicants will be contacted. Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, we are regretfully unable to respond to phone calls and emails regarding the status of applications and the recruiting process.