The Content Designer is responsible for editing, producing and eventually writing audio and multimedia tours in Latin American Spanish, and the overall direction, quality, timeliness and budget adherence for said projects, as assigned in Mexico, Latin America and/or North America.
Their role is to create the highest quality visitor experiences for Antenna clients, working with Interactive Designers, writers, graphic/multimedia designers, translation managers and Production Coordinators, among others, to achieve that goal to the specification and highest standards.
The Content Designer is the direct line manager for the more junior Production Coordinator in Mexico.
The incumbent of this position can live anywhere in the United States, as long as it is near a metropolitan city area with easy access to an international airport, or in Mexico City.
- Manage individual projects – both audio and multimedia experiences – in Mexico, Latin America and/or the U.S. region from interpretative plan through to delivery.
- Ensure creativity & innovation is key in every project, but remaining realistic in terms of technical feasibility, costs and schedule.
- Act as main point of contact and liaison between Digital Media and clients throughout the production process.
- Support the Latin America and U.S. New Business and Account Management teams, where possible, through the development of creative strategies and proposals for prospects and existing client relationships.
- Implement cost efficiencies as identified by Digital Media Management team.
- Contribute to developing standards, processes and necessary supporting documentation.
- Create and manage budgets and schedules for assigned projects.
- Oversee project teams, including freelancers; share best practices within the global Digital Media team, as well as regular reporting and contributing to meetings.
- Train on Antenna Publisher, Antenna’s proprietary app building tool.
- Inform Graphic/Multimedia Designers and project team for the development of appropriate wireframes and designs and create data sheets or input data into cloud collections for apps and other multimedia productions.
- Create and draft dynamic tours corresponding to specific needs of the audio required.
- Structure and edit scripts to specific audio, site, and client needs.
- Contribute ideas and direction for the evolution of Antenna Publisher’s functionalities and templates.
- Create projects in multiple languages, working with translators and with checkers to ensure high quality and correctness.
- Develop excellent client relationships and further Antenna’s client retention.
- Contract freelancers and oversee relevant contracts and invoicing.
- Represent AI at US conferences and industry events.
Education and/or Experience:
Content Designer will be a native Spanish speaker, or will have sufficient bilingual written and oral Spanish-English language abilities to communicate seamlessly and without aid. Experience living, studying and/or working in Latin America, preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree in Spanish, Liberal Arts, the Humanities, Multimedia, or the Arts from an accredited University, or the equivalent required.
Minimum of 2 years of experience working in a production team within the media or cultural industries, with an understanding of audio and/or multimedia production processes; or other experience working for or with museums, cultural heritage sites, parks, attractions, or other types of Antenna clients.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience managing multiple projects to tight deadlines and budgets.
- Experience developing and maintaining client relationships.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Experience quickly resolving internal and external issues.
- Excellent editorial skills – including writing, research and definition, editing, proof-reading – and judgment in both written and audio forms.
- Passionate about the user experience and excited by the possibilities of digital media to deliver simple, intuitive, and engaging experiences in the arts and heritage sector.
- Experience of working with designers to create effective user journeys.
- Proven experience of working with Word and Excel to an intermediate level for at least 2 years.
- Experience of working with Project Management software (MS Project, Smartsheet, etc.).
- Knowledge in programming languages (HTML, CSS etc.) is a plus.
- Experience of working with translators and on projects in many languages.
- Understanding of museum or historic site interpretation and relevant audiences.
- Attention to detail, in order to ensure that the work is completed to the highest standards of correctness and quality in multiple languages.
- U.S. citizen or legally able to work in the U.S.
- Cultural awareness and ability to work with senior clients, public servants, artists and other interviewees, and colleagues from various cultures and ethnic backgrounds in Mexico, elsewhere in Latin America, and/or in North America.
Travel Requirements: Up to 75% travel with some regularity to Mexico, elsewhere in Latin America, and/or North America for client meetings, project work, New Business pitches, and as otherwise required.
Language Skills: Ability to proficiently read, speak and write English and Spanish is required. Must have Spanish-English language abilities to communicate seamlessly and without aid.
The Position Description provides an overview of the main role and responsibilities of this position. However the position is liable to change over time and as such the company retains the right to amend the role and responsibilities of this position as it sees fit.
If you’re looking for an exciting new role and the opportunity to shine, apply now by sending your CV/resume and cover letter to email@example.com ensuring you refer to the job title in the email header.