Excitement is building at the Museum of the City of New York. A $96 million project to renovate and expand the Museum’s historic building on Fifth Avenue is drawing to a close. At the same time, provocative exhibitions draw visitors from all over the city, the nation, and the world.
The Community Manager is a key player in executing the Museum’s digital strategy to build community, engagement, and attendance through the social media channels, as well as via our website and email marketing program. The work is aimed at producing and implementing content that will raise awareness of the Museum’s exhibitions, collections, programs and mission amongst potential visitors. In addition to content production, the role will emphasize engagement and distribution tactics, audience development, and conversion goals (ticket & membership sales). This position reports to the Director of Digital in the Marketing/Communications Department.
- Develop content, coordinate reviews & implement posts on the Museum’s primary social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr). Generate plans for the strategic use of social media. Monitor social media activity (including weekends).
- Implement peer review sites strategy including, but not limited to: TripAdvisor, Google Places & Yelp! Define audiences and goals for each site and effort.
- Coordinate the email marketing program through maintaining its constituent database, producing content & design, and deploying messages.
- Function as the web administrator for MCNY.org, updating & creating content pages and conducting ongoing web maintenance.
- Contribute to and maintain reports to track KPIs & content performance across the above platforms and to inform evolving digital strategies.
- Keep abreast of industry trends in digital areas.
Competencies and Skills
- 3–5 years of digital marketing experience.
- High level writing skills. A commitment to producing exceptional work products with strong attention to detail.
- Hands-on experience in strategy and practice in major social media platforms required.
- Basic HTML skills required; strong experience and comfort in a CMS required; working knowledge of Photoshop.
- Familiarity with email marketing tools required.
- Strong general computer skills, including MS Office Suite.
- Experience in Google Analytics and social media analytics tools required.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communications skills.
- Strength in time management, including multi-tasking, goal-setting, and workload prioritization.
- Take initiative on projects and also act as team player.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism or related field.
Excellent benefits package, including a defined benefit pension plan as well as a 401K savings plan.
Please your resume, a cover letter addressing the key criteria as part of your application, and salary requirement to Museum of the City of New York Attention: Human Resources Department, 1220 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10029, or send an email with this information to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Museum of the City of New York is an equal opportunity employer.