Collections Photographer (Part-Time)
The Chemical Heritage Foundation (CHF) is actively recruiting for a part-time (@ 14 hours per week) position of Collections Photographer. This is a limited duration (2.5 years) position. The Collections Photographer will partner with library curators and museum collections staff, as well as the digital collections team to photograph items of various sizes and materials selected from CHF’s museum, library and archival collections. The Collections Photographer will be responsible for the objects through the entire imaging processing, from preparing the item, to arranging the lighting, and through post-production image-editing using Capture One Cultural Heritage software on a Mac. Photographs produced will be used in CHF’s forthcoming digital collection and may support other institutional initiatives and exhibitions.
The ideal candidate would possess the following experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Photography, Fine Art, Art History, Museum Studies, or related field.
- Minimum of two years of professional imaging experience.
- Strong knowledge of the principles and techniques of studio lighting and digital photography.
- Experience processing digital images for color correction, retouching, and processing of raw digital files.
- Ability to diagnose and problem solve technical issues with DSLR camera, camera stand and imaging editing software.
- Experience working in a museum, library or other collections-based institution is preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail, and ability to successfully manage simultaneous projects and deadlines.
- Proven ability to successfully work independently, as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to lift and carry 40lb box; ability to stand on feet for extended periods of time; and to physically move artifacts.
To be considered for this position, candidates must submit a cover letter with salary expectations, resume, and a link to their on-line portfolio (if candidate does not have an on-line portfolio, candidate must submit three representative documentary photographs). Please send all documents and links to:
– CHF is an Equal Opportunity Employer –
The Chemical Heritage Foundation is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to foster dialogue on science and technology in society. CHF’s staff and fellows study the past in order to understand the present and inform the future. We focus on the sciences and technologies of matter and materials and their effect on our modern world, in territory ranging from the physical sciences and industries, through the chemical sciences and engineering, to the life sciences and technologies. We collect, preserve, and exhibit historical artifacts. We engage communities of scientists and engineers. We tell the stories of the people behind breakthroughs and innovations. CHF is located in the heart of beautiful Independence National Historical Park in Philadelphia. For additional information, visit our website: www.chemheritage.org.