Antenna International is the world’s leading provider of mobile interpretation in the global cultural arena. Each year more than 80 million people enjoy an Antenna International experience across 1,200 museums, historic houses, and cultural heritage sites around the world. Our central role is to work with these clients to tell their stories in ways that helps the visitor see more clearly, understand more deeply, and appreciate more widely. We create immersive, unique experiences full of surprise and delight, using new perspectives, offbeat approaches, and fresh alternatives.
The Associate Content Designer (ACD) will participate in and sometimes lead creative teams and clients through the tour development process. He/she is responsible for the overall direction, quality, timeliness, and budget adherence for individual Antenna International (AI) tours and apps as assigned. His/her role is to create the highest quality visitor experiences for Antenna clients, working with designers, writers, and sound engineers to achieve that goal to AI specifications and standards. The ACD will also provide support to the Americas Digital Media team as required.
- Responsible for producing and overseeing edits and limited audio or multimedia projects for US clients.
- Manage assigned projects from kick off through to delivery. This includes acting as main point of contact and liaison between Digital Media and client and creating and managing budgets and schedules for assigned projects.
- Provide support to Digital Media team as needed, including sourcing stringers, studios, and freelancers, drafting contracts, and pulling requests from our Digital Archive.
- Implement cost efficiencies as identified by Digital Media Management team.
- Contribute to developing standards, processes and necessary supporting documentation.
- Work with the Interactive Designers and Content Designers to build multimedia tours using Antenna Publisher functionality.
- Share best practices within the global Digital Media team, as well as regular reporting and contributing to meetings.
- Train on and use Antenna Publisher, Antenna’s app building platform, to assist with building apps.
- Oversee projects in multiple languages as assigned, working with translators and with checkers to ensure high quality and correctness.
- Responsible for Quality Assurance checking of projects across the department, as assigned.
- Also responsible for admin support as requested.
Education, Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 1 year’s experience working in a production team within a museum, radio, or the media industry, with an understanding of audio and/or multimedia production processes.
- B.A. in Humanities or the Arts from an accredited University, or equivalent of at least 1-2 years’ experience working in related or similar Media role with increasing responsibility, required.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent editorial skills and judgment in both written and audio forms; writing and/or interviewing experience a plus.
- Experienced in managing multiple projects to tight deadlines and budgets.
- Experience in managing budgets and schedules.
- Passionate about the user experience and excited by the possibilities of digital media to deliver simple, intuitive and engaging experiences in the arts and heritage sector.
- Experience of working with a Project Management Software (MS Project, Smartsheet etc.).
- Fluency in English is required; additional languages are an advantage.
This is a full-time position. Location in NYC metro area strongly preferred. Please submit a resume and cover letter (writing samples optional) to: firstname.lastname@example.org