The Art Gallery of Ontario (AGO), is one of the most distinguished art museums in North America. The AGO is a centre of exhibition production, art-based education, exhibitions, gallery tours, dining, and retail that is committed to delivering an incredible experience to our visitors.
Under the direction of the Manager, Digital Services the Web Developer provides web development services for all AGO web properties. He/she provides technical and user support for internal web clients. The Web Developer with other members of the Digital Services team also provides secondary technical and user support to specialized systems as required.
• Customer Service
• Problem Solving/Trouble Shooting
• Technical Knowledge
• Administers the web infrastructure, designs web information architectures, and implements infrastructure improvements:
• Develops code to improve existing features or implement new features on the AGO’s web properties
• Maintains content management systems and workflows.
• Works collaboratively with other departments and project teams to develop, produce and implement web enhancements. Translates design specifications into HTML or other interface templates using manual or visual tools.
• Maintains awareness of current technology developments.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Significant experience with standards-compliant XHTML/CSS development.
• Demonstrated experience with PHP-based content management systems
• Experience with relational databases, e.g., MySQL
• Demonstrated knowledge and a commitment to user-centered design
• Familiarity with web administration and monitoring systems, e.g., Plesk, Monit, Alertsite.
• Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and video editing technologies is preferred.
• Well-developed verbal, written, interpersonal and multi-tasking skills.
• Demonstrated negotiating, organizational and problem-solving skills.
We invite individuals who reflect the diversity of our visitors to apply. Visit our website at www.ago.net/jobs and complete your online application profile by June 12, 2015. If you are including a cover letter, please address this to: The Hiring Manager.