The Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco are seeking an Applications Manager to join the Information Technology team. This position drives the overall direction, coordination, implementation and maintenance of one or more core business applications. The Applications Manager establishes methodologies, standards and tools to successfully manage core applications within the organization. This person understands waterfall and scrum management models and is familiar with SDLC and ITIL and can manage projects within those frameworks. This position will meet with leadership to understand business challenges and creates proposals to address them with processes and technology changes. They will lead application team members in all outlined responsibilities. This role manages, mentors and grows a matrixed team with a diverse skill set to ensure people as well as core applications are always performing at their best.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assesses current state of IT core application and creates the application roadmap based on industry best practices and internal business requirements.
- Ensures selection process for new systems and change management for current systems are aligned with the organization’s strategic plan.
- Uses the application roadmap to drive the work and manages the team responsible, including functions such as project management, business analysis, software development, quality assurance and vendor management when necessary.
- Manages risk, financial planning, modeling and tracking of budget for core applications.
- Sets and manages project priorities, requests for budget, project controls and completion of all core application work.
- Uses business analysis experience to help drive and sometimes create technical requirements.
- Drives and directs technical discussions, makes technical suggestions and recommendations, and guides technical and non-technical consumers of IT services.
- Works with project stakeholders at executive, director and management levels to create vision, gather business requirements and define goals.
- Maintains and updates the lessons learned for use on future projects.
- Exercises analytical abilities in applying information technology in a wide variety of disciplines and environments.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of computer applications, database design, hardware, software, networking, and the implementation and support of these services.
- Presents strong communication and decision making skills in interacting with a broad range of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ensures all defined processes are used within a standard framework to successfully implement change.
- Builds positive and effective relationships with stakeholders, peers, vendors, and other team members.
- Works with other team members and independently to identify, document, and manage risks and issues.
- Identifies areas of opportunity to increase efficiency and maximize performance.
Education: BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience required.
- 7+ years of project and program management experience preferably across multiple hardware and software platforms
- 5+ years of management experience
- 5+ years of experience in project management of technology implementations
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Vendor and consulting services contract negotiation and management
- Knowledge of project portfolio and management systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with implementing cloud and SaaS solutions
- Experience with Ticketing and POS systems
- Experience with CRM systems such as Salesforce
- Works with minimum supervision
- Shows personal accountability, leadership, teamwork and initiative
- Demonstrates sound judgment in ambiguous situations
FAMSF offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package.
Application Deadline: Open until filled