The Museum Computer Network was founded in 1967 with the purpose of supporting professionals who seek to transform the way their cultural organizations reach, engage and educate their audiences using digital technologies. Every year MCN explores topics of relevance to museum practitioners working with, or affected by, digital media and technology. In 2017, MCN is focusing on how museums can use technology to innovate and emphasize transparency, individual action, and institutional bravery. As we celebrate our 50th anniversary in Pittsburgh, we welcome applications for our scholarship program.
- One complimentary conference registration.
- Complimentary attendance at one of the workshops on Tuesday, November 7, 2017.
- Complimentary meet-and-greet with other scholarship recipients and MCN board members.
- A $400 (USD) travel and food allowance.
- Complimentary three (3) hotel-nights (Tuesday, November 7, Wednesday, November 8, and Thursday, November 9, 2017) at the conference hotel in Pittsburgh.
- One (1) year complimentary MCN individual membership.
Scholarship recipients will give lightning talk of five minutes or less on a digital project of their own, as well as use their skills to assist MCN and add to the conference experience by capturing important ideas and themes that develop during sessions and events.
The MCN scholarship program is made possible by the generous support of our sponsors.
To learn more about the scholarships and to apply, visit the online application. The application deadline is April 30.