You are hereletiziajaccheri
- First Name
- Last Name
- Job Title
- Department of Computer and Information Science
- Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- Your Biography
Professor Letizia Jaccheri
Name: Letizia Jaccheri
Born: Pisa, Italy, 24th February 1965
Present position: Professor
Master in Computer Science, University of Pisa, Italy, Department of Computer Science, February 1988
PhD in Software Engineering, Politecnico di Torino, Department of
Computer and Control Engineering, Italy, January 1994, Software Process
(from May 1988 to August 1989) Programmer at Tecsiel SPA, Pisa, Italy
(from January 1993 to June 1997) Assistant Professor at Politecnico di Torino, Italy (tenure from 1.1.1996)
(From July 1997 to 2002) Associate professor at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology
(from 2006 to 2008) Adjunct professor at the University of Oslo
(from October 2002) Professor (with tenure) at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology
Fields of research: SE applied to Creativity & Art (C&A), Software engineering (SE), Open source software (OSS) - Leader of Project ArTe www.artentnu.com since 2006 about the interdisciplinary intersection between digital art and software technology.
20 years experience with IT courses at Politecnico Torino and NTNU
Eight years experience with Experts in Team.
1) Leader of the Committee which awards professorship to NTNU computer science academics since 2010
2) Norwegian Research Council – Member of the Fri prosjektstøtte FRITEK board since 2010
3) Computer Science Research in Finland Evaluation 2000-2006 Member of the Evaluation Panel
4) Bergen Art Academy – Expert Panel, professor position New Media, June 2010
5) NTNU Department of Computer and Information Science – Vice-leader of Education Board from 2009.
6) Member NTNU Education Board Master i medier, kommunikasjon og informasjonsteknologi from 2009
1) Tekna ICT committee from 2004 to 2011
2) member of the organizing committee of ITovation since 2008
Letizia Jaccheri: Book "Kjærlighet og computer", Tapir Akademisk Forlag. ISBN 82-519-2034-5, April 2006
Disseminator of the Year IME NTNU 2006
Participation to art installations and exhibitions like for example Flyndre (www.flyndresang.no)
24 contributions in the Norwegian press
Norwegian Research Council - Proreal Project Komputer + Kunst = Kjærlighet 2009 – 2010.
My research strategy for the future is to continue to work thematically at the intersection of the three areas C&A, SE, and OSS, and aiming at a balance between practice and theory based research. I aim at maintaining a balance between local and International connections.
Best of the Web History
- Member for
- 1 year 18 weeks
- View recent blog entries