You are hereJohanOomen
- First Name
- Last Name
- Job Title
- Netherlands Institute for Sound and Vision
- Your Biography
Drs. Johan Oomen is head of the R&D Department of the Netherlands Institute for Sound and Vision and researcher at the Web and Media group of the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam.
He is mainly working on externally funded research projects that focus on providing online access to digital heritage. His PhD research at the VU University focuses on how active user engagement can help to establish a more open, smart and connected cultural heritage.
Oomen holds a BA in Information Science and an MA in Media Studies. He is General Secretary of the international DIVERSE network on the use of streaming media in higher education. He has worked for the British Universities Film and Video Council (London) and the RTL Nederland (Hilversum). He has given talks at leading conferences, published numerous articles in journals and is lecturer at the ICCROM training course on Sound and Image Collections Conservation.
Best of the Web History
- 2012 Vote
- EUscreen - Discover Europe’s Television Heritage
- 2011 Vote
- Open Images: the open-minded media platform
- 2009 Vote
- Video Active
- I attended MW2011.
- MW2011 Role
- Mw2012 role
- I attended MW2012
- Member for
- 4 years 32 weeks
- View recent blog entries
- Automatic Metadata Enrichment and Linking for Event-driven Access to Distributed Collections
- Open Source and Mobile Apps: the case of Open Images
- Sharing cultural heritage the linked open data way - everyone's invited
- Linking European Television Heritage
- EUscreen: access to distributed television archives