You are hereAlfandari
- First Name
- Last Name
- Job Title
- Head of the Multimedia Division
- Department of Cultural Production
- Musee du Louvre (Louvre museum)
- Your Biography
Agnès Alfandari has been Head of the Multimedia Division at the Musée du Louvre since January 2007.
Staffed by a team of designers, project managers, explainers, art historians and translators, the division steers the museum’s many “new technology” projects and partnerships:
- Web-based projects, and more particularly the new version of the louvre.fr website, as well as various partnership projects with industry professionals,
- Implementation of multimedia outreach at Musée du Louvre through innovative devices and mobile tools,
- Implementation of ambitious regional and international projects (research and development) in the field of new technologies.
A rich activity that demonstrates the Musée du Louvre’s desire to keep pace with the times and continuously explore new avenues.
Agnès Alfandari graduated in 1997 with a degree in Art History from the Sorbonne and the Ecole du Louvre. She has devoted over ten years of her career to working in the cultural multimedia sector, initially as author, script writer and scientific content manager, then as designer and project manager, before overseeing all of the multimedia projects at the Musée du Louvre.
Prior to joining the Louvre, she created the websites for a number of national museums (Musée Picasso, Musée de l’Orangerie, Château de Fontainebleau, Musée Gustave-Moreau and Musée de la Renaissance, to name a few). Fuelled by her passion for the new possibilities multimedia brings to our understanding of artworks, she has worked extensively on outreach projects for families and students, as well as on scientific projects that exploit the full potential of new technologies.
Best of the Web History
- I attended MW2011.
- MW2011 Role
- Member for
- 2 years 16 weeks
- View recent blog entries