Just a few guidelines ...
- No commercial use.
Posting announcements of publications and events is encouraged. Blatantly advertising products and services is not, at least not in the general discussion pages. What you do in your user profile or on your own blog is up to you.
- All users have a contact page.
- Civil behaviour is expected.
Comments and feedback are encouraged. So is criticism and suggestions for improvement. Flaming is not civil behaviour.
- Anonymous Comments are moderated.
Anyone can comment on anything on the site. Comments by guest users [i.e. anyone not logged in] will be moderated. Inappropriate comments, or spam will be deleted.
- Please stay on-topic.
The site is about museums and technology, including but not limited to the Web. Pretty broad, but some things are still outside our remit. Off-topic posts will be removed. This includes notices of works of art for sale.
- The site user list and all user details other that user names in 'Who's new' and 'Who's on-line' are only accessible to logged-in users.
- No email addressses are displayed: each user had a 'contact' page that will route a message but does not reveal an email to the sender.
- There is no connection between this site and registering for the Archives & Museum Informatics Mailing List. If you want to be on that list, please register here.