Museums and the Web 2011 (MW2011): Local Information
Museums and the Web 2011 (MW2011) will take place in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, an historic American city with great museums.
All MW2011 Sessions will be held at the
- Loews Philadelphia Hotel
1200 Market Street
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107
+1 (215) 627-1200
In the architectural landmark PSFS building, the nation’s first modern skyscraper, Loews Philadelphia Hotel is a true classic. Oversized guest rooms with loft-like high ceilings and timeless decors offer spectacular views and impeccable service, while Concierge Club rooms rise to new standards of elegance. A Spa & Fitness center combines high tech fitness, lap-pool and pampering spa treatments.
MW2011 has negotiated a special rate of $219 [single or double] backed by Lowes Best Rate Pledge; make your reservation by March 15, 2011 to receive this rate.
The MW2011 hotel is across from the Reading Terminal Market, home of dozens of local farmers and restaurants providing one of the most fun food experiences offered in any city (http://www.readingterminalmarket.org/), and less than two blocks from City Hall and the main intersection of Broad and Market Streets. The old city of Philadelphia, between front (the Delaware River) and 8th Sts, is less than a mile walk. The majority of Philadelphia’s great restaurants, theaters and museums are within a mile in the other direction.
Located on Market Street, the hotel is situated within the city's central shopping district. A few steps to the West is Macy's, located the historic Wanamaker Building. Two blocks to the East is the Gallery at Market East, an indoor shopping mall and public transportation hub. All along Market Street and its side streets, you'll find convenient retail and dining options.
Zoomable map of MW2011 Venues
View Museums and the Web 2011 in a larger map
- PHL, the Philadelphia International Airport is located 7.2 miles southwest of Central Philadelphia. http://www.phl.org/index.html
Getting To and From the Airport
- The SEPTA Airport High Speed Rail Line runs about every 30 minutes and stops less than a block from the hotel (Market East station) for $7.00 one-way (wheelchair accessible).
- Taxi fixed fare $28.50 for 3-4 passengers
- There are also Airport shuttles to/from hotels
Travel by Train
- If you arrive by train (Amtrak), the Loews Philadelphia Hotel is a quick subway ride from the station.
- Philadelphia Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Citysearch: Philadelphia
- Wikitravel: Philadelphia
- How Philadelphia Works: Philadelphia City Guide
Philadelphia has many great museums and attractions, including:
- The Academy of Natural Sciences Museum
1900 Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Philadelphia, PA 19103
- The Barnes Foundation
300 North Latch's Lane, Merion, PA 19066
- The Franklin Institute Science Museum
222 North 20th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103
- The Historical Society of Pennsylvania
1300 Locust Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Independence Seaport Museum
211 South Columbus Blvd. and Walnut St., Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Institute for Contemporary Art
118 South 36th Street (at Sansom), Philadelphia, PA 19104
- Museum of Archeology & Anthropology at University of Pennsylvania
33rd & Spruce Streets, Philadelphia, PA 19104
- Mummers Museum
1100 South 2nd Street, Philadelphia, PA 19147
- Mutter Museum
19 South 22nd Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103
- National Liberty Museum
321 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA
- National Museum of American Jewish History
55 North 5th Street, 101 S. Independence Mall East, Philadelphia, PA 19106-2197
- Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts
Broad and Cherry Streets, Philadelphia, PA 19102
- The Philadelphia History Museum at Atwater Kent
15 S. 7th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Philadelphia Museum of Art
Benjamin Franklin Parkway and 26th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19130
- Philadelphia Zoo
Memorial Hall in Fairmount Park, 4231 Avenue of the Republic, Philadelphia, PA 19131
- Please Touch Museum
210 North 21st Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Rodin Museum
Benjamin Franklin Parkway at 22nd Street, Philadelphia, PA 19101-7646
- Rosenbach Museum and Library
2010 DeLancey Place, Philadelphia PA 19103
- Philadelphia Living has other listings
Philadelphia International Festival of the Arts
Our stay in Philadelphia coincides with the opening of the Philadelphia International Festival of the Arts. From April 7 through May 1, Philadelphia will celebrate the inspiration, grace, power, and emotion of the arts.
Near the hotel in Philadelphia
- Nodding Head Brewpub
1516 Sansom Street Philadelphia PA 19102
(215) 569 9525
- McGillin’s Old Ale House
1310 Drury Street, between Chestnut & Sansom Streets and 13th & Juniper Streets
Let us know if we've missed your favourite Philadelphia attraction. Contact MW2011.