Museum Web sites from around the world can be nominated, provided they have been launched or significantly updated in 2009. For more details, see Eligibility,
The Best of the Web panel will consider Web sites nominated in the following categories:
- Innovative or Experimental
- Museum Professional
- Podcast (Audio / Video)
- Social Media
Awards will be given in each of the categories above, and in the following general areas:
Be sure to review the category definitions carefully before suggesting a site. Sites do much better when they are considered in the right context.
Sites are put forward for the Best of the Web in an open nomination process. Anyone registered at http://conference.archimuse.com can nominate one site.
Nominations will be made through the conference community site, and will be publicly available for review and comment. Nominations of sites other than your own are encouraged.
Sites from anywhere in the world are eligible, provided they have been launched or significantly updated in 2009.
- Jennifer Trant, Archives & Museum Informatics, Canada
- Matthew Andress, Miami-Dade County Department of Cultural Affairs, USA
- Steven Beasley, Museum of Science and Industry, Chicago, USA
- Matthew Cock, The British Museum, United Kingdom
- Jim Devine, Hunterian Museum and Art Gallery, University of Glasgow, Scotland
- Peter Gorgels, Rijksmuseum, The Netherlands
- Kajsa Hartig, ABM-centrum, Sweden
- Douglas Hegley, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, USA
- Jes Koepfler, iSchool, University of Maryland, USA
- Brad Larson, Brad Larson Media, Inc., USA
- Pamela Lovis, Te Papa, New Zealand
- Marjo Mäenpää, University of Art and Design, Helsinki, Finland
- Rohn Jay Miller, AlphaBeta LLC, USA
- Jemima Rellie, Getty Conservation Institute, USA
- Corey Timpson, Canadian Museum for Human Rights, Canada
- Julie Zilber, 7th Floor Media, Simon Fraser University, Canada
The panel will all use the same set of guidelines and criteria when reviewing nominated sites.
The process has been reviewed in an on–line discussion.
Conflict of Interest
No site will be considered for a Best of the Web Award, if a judge is associated with it in any way. Nominated sites will be reviewed before judging begins to ensure no conflicts exist. Judges associated with nominated sites will be asked to step down from the panel, or have the site withdrawn from competition.