Museum Web sites from around the world can be nominated, provided they have been launched or significantly updated in 2008.
Nominations are now closed. See the list of sites nominated and offer your comments.
Sites will be reviewed by an independent panel of judges. The Process and Categories are:
- MW2009 Judging process
- MW2009 Categories
Be sure to review the category definitions carefully before suggesting a site. Sites do much better when they are considered in the right context.
Sites are put forward for the Best of the Web in an open nomination process. Anyone registered at http://conference.archimuse.com can nominate one site.
Nominations will go live to the conference community for review and comment. Nominations of sites other than your own are encouraged. Sites from anywhere in the world are eligible, provided they have been launched or significantly updated in 2008. The process has been reviewed in an on–line discussion.
- Jennifer Trant, Archives & Museum Informatics, Canada
- Matthew Cock, The British Museum, United Kingdom
- Ian Edelman, Hampshire County Council, United Kingdom
- Mike Ellis, Eduserv, United Kingdom
- Peter Gorgels, Rijksmuseum, The Netherlands
- David Greenfield, Loyola Marymount University, USA
- Kajsa Hartig, Nordiska museet, Sweden
- Douglas Hegley, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, USA
- Dina Helal, Whitney Museum of American Art, USA
- Tana Johnson, California College of the Arts, USA
- Brad Larson, Brad Larson Media, Inc., USA
- Marjo Mäenpää, University of Art and Design, Helsinki, Finland
- Lawrence Monda, National Museums of Kenya, Kenya
- Dave Patten, Head of New Media, The Science Museum, London, United Kingdom
- Jon Pratty, Journalist / Digital Publishing Consultant, United Kingdom
- Craig Rosa, KQED | Public Radio, TV and Interactive, USA
- Charlotte Sexton, The National Gallery, London, United Kingdom
- Bruce Wyman, Director of Technology, Denver Art Museum, USA
The judges will all use the same set of guidelines and criteria when reviewing nominated sites.
Conflict of Interest
No site will be considered for a Best of the Web Award, if a judge is associated with it in any way. Nominated sites will be reviewed before judging begins to ensure no conflicts exist. Judges associated with nominated sites will be asked to step down from the panel, or have the site withdrawn from competition.