New and innovative accomplishments on the Web come from all kinds of organizations throughout the world. Archives & Museum Informatics recognises that many individuals who make significant contributions to the World Wide Web would be unable to attend MW2008 without some financial assistance. Competitive scholarships covering full conference registration and a full day of workshops were awarded to a select number of applicants.
Congratulations to the winners of the Professional Scholarships.
- Inna Kizhner, Program Coordinator, Department of Information Resources, Siberian Federal University
- Lawrence Monda, Senior Programer / Analyst, National Museums of Kenya
The Department of Canadian Heritage funded scholarships for Canadian museum professionals belonging to CHIN member institutions, and members of the Association of Canadian Archives.
Congratulations to the winners of the Canadian Professional Scholarships
- Barbara Bélanger, Conservatrice/Webmestre, Musée Armand-Frappier, Laval, Québec
- Jessie Bonisteel, Webmaster, Canada’s Sports Hall of Fame, Toronto, Ontario
- Jo Jennings, Communications Coordinator, London Regional Children’s Museum, London, Ontario
- Janine Johnston, Archivist, Jewish Museum and Archives of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia
- Leanne Templeton, Executive Director, Canadian Petroleum Discovery Centre, Devon, Alberta
- Bruce Thomson, Registrar & Project Manager, New Brunswick Museum, Saint John, New Brunswick
- Anine Vonkeman, Marketing/Communications *Officer, Galt Museum & Archives, Lethbridge, Alberta
A group of Québec professionals was also selected in conjunction with the Societé des musées québecois for scholarships supported by the Department of Canadian Heritage. Congratulations to:
- Denis Chabot, Musée du ski des Laurentides, Saint-Sauveur
- Marie-Claude Larouche, Musée McCord, Montréal
- Valérie Sirard, Musée d’art contemporain de Montréal
- Louise Grenier, Centre d’expoisition, Montréal
- Manon Roc, Maison St-Gabriel, Montréal
- Linda Lapointe, Société des musées québécois, Montréal
Museums and the Web offered complementary registration to students and professionals from small institutions in return for assistance with on-site conference administration.
For background information on volunteering, please review the Volunteer Information Sheet and Contract (PDF).