Blogs and Blogging for Museums (FULL)
This half-day workshop will introduce participants to several important aspects of blogging for museums, including practical tips for getting started and maintaining a steady output. The workshop will cover the following:
- Blogs defined:
- a brief history of blogging and how the medium has evolved
- Why blog:
- why museums should embrace blogs
- who's already blogging - examples of museum blogs
- How to blog:
- some popular blogging tools: blogger.com, Wordpress, Movable Type, flickr.com
- safety and blogs: keeping software up to date, avoiding comment and trackback spam
- setting up RSS and Atom feeds
- The good stuff:
- convincing the staff to blog and enjoy it
- how to answer "but I don't know what to write"
- quality AND quantity?
- re-using RSS - integrating recent posts into existing pages
- The future:
- Podcasts, audio tours, vodcasting, overnight reviews, and more!
This workshop is now FULL.
Keywords: blog, blogging, xml, podcast, rss, feed