info @ archimuse.com
published: April, 2002
Web Site Development Process at the Children's Museum of Los Angeles
This mini-workshop delivers a clear and thorough framework for multi-phased Museum Web site development, using The Children's Museum of Los Angeles as a case study (http://www.childrensmuseumla.org) .
Topics covered include:
- Discovery- Strategic analysis tools
- Education, Marketing & Fundraising- Techniques for prioritizing multiple objectives
- Building Consensus- Managing expectations with a Statement of Work
- Content Development Matrix- Technology requirements and objectives
- Working with Experts- Exhibit Designers (Edwin Schlossberg), Architects (Thom Mayne, Sara Graham), Artists (Gerald McDermott) and Educators (Dan Cieloha)
- Content Maintenance- in-house vs. out-source; administrative tools
- Phased Development- Staying in sync; anticipating the future
- The processes presented are instrumental in the ongoing development of a multifaceted and cost effective Web solution.