The Web Consultant will assist the Newseum Education Department in planning for the redesign of the Newseum Digital Classroom. This multistep project entails working with the multimedia curriculum specialist to: review current architecture needs and capabilities; research potential solutions; write an RFP for a new platform vendor; and evaluate ensuing applications.
The Web Consultant will:
- Review current Digital Classroom capabilities and user feedback
- Conduct additional user experience research, as needed
- Build a portfolio of websites with similar goals to the Digital Classroom’s, with detailed analyses of select outstanding examples
- Assist with the RFP creation and vendor selection process
- Conduct a cost-analysis of project options
The ideal candidate will have:
- Project management skills in scoping, identifying risks, scheduling and execution of website upgrade and redesign projects
- Experience working with museums (preferred) or other organizations in the informal education sector
- Experience delivering projects that have created, maintained and extended complex websites that were:
- multi-platform (web, mobile)
- targeted to teachers and students
- Extensive experience evaluating server and cloud-based systems based on
- Ease of maintenance
- Demonstrated experience with RFP creation, technology and infrastructure assessment
- Current knowledge of and/or experience working with web design-build firms
In your proposal, please include a description of your experience with similar projects; an explanation of your work process; how you envision applying your process to this project; and a suggested timeline and budget.
Proposals are due by COB Friday, April 11, 2014.
Please submit your proposal to: firstname.lastname@example.org.