Vice President for New Media
George Washington’s Mount Vernon is seeking a Vice President for New Media to mastermind the development and effectiveness of Mount Vernon’s portfolio of web, mobile and social media platforms. We are looking for a dynamic new media executive who can shape our digital strategy, lead a talented team in the production of digital offerings and ensure that we are engaging an ever larger population of people interested in learning more about George Washington and his home at Mount Vernon.
Our Vice President, New Media will have directed significant digital platforms or new media enterprises and has relevant expertise in categories including digital content development, app development, social media engagement, video production for the web, advanced web analytics and other digital best practices. Candidates should have at least 8 years of experience in digital/new media roles of ever increasing importance. Successful candidates will be those who combine a strong vision of the digital future along with an ability to deliver tangible improvement. A passion for history, especially of the Founding Era, is a decided plus.
Candidates with Knowledge and Experience in the following categories will be favored:
· Web/Digital project management
· HTML, CSS, and related web publishing technologies
· User interface design best practices
· Content Management Systems
· Video editing platforms like Final Cut Pro, Avid, or Adobe Premiere Pro
· App development
· eCommerce platforms
· Online/mobile ticketing systems
· Deep knowledge of social media platforms and social media reporting and analytics
· Website analytics products like Google Analytics
· Web marketing systems like Google Adwords; Development of effective web marketing programs
· Strong editorial skills
· Strategic planning
The Vice President, New Media will report to the Senior Vice President, Visitor Engagement and will work on site at George Washington’s Mount Vernon in Mount Vernon, Virginia.